DFGT: Strange turning problem occurs randomly while driving

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Linkku, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Linkku

Linkku Registered

I have an odd problem with my DFGT wheel. This error has appeared at least with Formula Masters mod. What happens is that the car "stops turning" randomly after driving for a while, usually after a few laps. It is like the steering lock or rate suddenly doubles itself or somewhat similar effect when the power steering breaks on a car. The car is still turning, but I have to turn the wheel at least a double from the normal. The force feedback effects don't feel any heavier, but the car just doesn't turn nearly at all. It's like I was suddenly driving a truck. Reset FFB doesn't work. I don't have any driving aids on when this occurs. Only fix is to esc back to pit and then enter the track again, and the steering is back to normal. I haven't found anything that would cause the problem, it happens randomly.

2. Potatoes

Potatoes Registered

I have the same issue. Mine is with G25 however with the new formula 2 series. It feels like the steering lock suddenly jumps to the wheels max range, rather than the car specific lock range. If you have the in-car steering wheel visible you can see that suddenly you have to turn the physical wheel much more to turn the in-car wheel the same amount.

3. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Question: you guys are using the "Vehicle Set" option or you are using a custom rotation?

4. Potatoes

Potatoes Registered

Yes, i was using the vehicle set option.

5. Linkku

Linkku Registered

Yes, I have set the rotation into 900 degrees from the logitech profiler, and in game setting is "vehicle set". I tried a different USB but it is not the problem.

This happened to me again today during a league race and I was forced to retire. It is extremely frustrating. :/

6. argo0

argo0 Registered

You could try leaving the Logitech profiler off and simply use Windows to set rotation. I'm not sure it will help, but its worth a try. I've suspected in the past that the Logitech profiler might be the cause of issues occasionally.

7. Kiro

Kiro Registered

are you guys sure you are not just loosing front tire grip, exceeding the tire slip?

8. Linkku

Linkku Registered

Yes I am. I stopped using the "vehicle set" option and locked the rotation into 450 degrees for the Formula Masters car from the profiler, and from the game. Thus far, I haven't faced the problem again.

1 person likes this.
  9. nockitsch

nockitsch Registered

Hey guys,

had the same problem today with my Thrustmaster T500. I'll race tomorrow again and report back again. Thanks for the "vehicle set" suggestion :)

10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Reported.