Spark F2B - front wings not visible in cockpit view

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by JPS, Sep 22, 2012.

1. JPS

JPS Registered

When configuring the Spark F2 with wings (F2B) the front wing is not visible in cockpit view.

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Can you post a screenshot? I guess it should be visible? Or is it out of the line of sight?

3. JPS

JPS Registered

I use TrackIR, so I am basically "Free to move about the cabin", so to speak. These 2 pics should confirm that the front wing is missing when viewing in cockpit.
    View attachment 4216
    View attachment 4217

However it is visible when viewed from any car-mounted camera, chase cam, and trackside cameras:
    View attachment 4218

(Yes, I am sure I have the car in the F2B configuration, as the wing shows in all other cams/views.)

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Maybe it's not rendered in cockpit view? Things that you aren't supposed to be able to see sometimes don't get rendered in order to save computing resources.

5. 88mphTim

Yeah, that's what it is, but it looks like maybe it should be on this occasion.

6. JPS

JPS Registered

The front wings do not seem to be break-away.
    In an attempt to get a good view of the front wing I sheered the entire front-right suspension and wheel off the car. OK, clear view from the cockpit now... but still no front wing visible.
    Hmmm... maybe I accidentally broke it off too? Switched to swingcam. Nope, front wings still attached, but invisible from cockpit.

If you have to do any work on this model, it would be good to make the front wings able to be broken off. (yeah, I know that's easier said than done.)

View attachment 4253

7. 88mphTim

Thanks guys. I forwarded this.