4 Controllers not Working

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by aceshigh70, Sep 21, 2012.

1. aceshigh70

aceshigh70 Registered

OK, here is my setup:

Windows Vista 64

Logitech G27 Wheel (USB)
    Thrustmaster TH8RS Shifter (USB)
    Fanatec Club Sport V2 Pedals (USB)
    Derek Speare Track Boss Button Box (USB)

This setup works great in iRacing. In rFactor2 when the button box is plugged in, the Club Sport pedals can not be assigned in the game, but the button box works. After I unplug the button box, I can assign the pedals and race. If I plug the button box back in, it disables the use of the pedals.

Any help resolving this would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2012
  2. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

strange,rFactor 2 supports 4 USB controller!
    Try to interchange USB ingress between the devices!

3. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

I have seen issues with some of Derek Speare's boxes, though not sure why. I would suggest you get in touch with him and see if he can update the firmware or what ever to help resolve this. It is also possible that you might need to update the firmware of your wheel, but not sure.

The case I saw before was with a wheel plate and the Derek Speare button box so the other device isn't really specific. That issue was resolved by the wheel plate company completely redoing their firmware, twice.

4. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I have DSD button box and I have 4 usb controllers and they work fine with rf2!If you continue to have problems you can,temporaly,assign the button box as a keyboard!

5. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

Yes, look up a program called JoyToKey. It allows you to assign keyboard buttons to your gaming devices. Very simple to use and very customizable.

6. coops

coops Banned

i am having same prob will try these things u suggested

7. aceshigh70

aceshigh70 Registered

What is your hardware setup?

8. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Using Joy2Key is an option for a short term fix, but I would pursue a complete fix on this as it is a pain if you wish to change button config after a little bit. You have to go to a third party program to do so instead of being able to do it in game. Also, if you plan on adding things in the future, or changing things, this issue may still exist and give you even more issues. As an example, suppose you want to change wheels later on and the issue prevents the sims from working properly with your wheel to the point of not being able to define the turning axis. Not saying this will happen, but there is the potential for it.

9. coops

coops Banned

gt2
    csp
    th8rs
    dsd button box
    when using dsd button box pedals don't work.

10. aceshigh70

aceshigh70 Registered

What do you mean by, "temporarily assign the button box as a keyboard?" When I plug the button box into the USB port, Windows detects it as a game controller, not a keyboard. Is there a way to make it think it's a keyboard? If not, then the problem will still be a conflict with the Club Sport Pedals, and the CSP won't work.

11. coops

coops Banned

^ would like this answer too.

12. aceshigh70

aceshigh70 Registered

The more I think about this issue, it seems like it has to be a software issue with rFacor2. My setup works perfectly in iRacing, which means that the controllers are all registered correctly with the OS and they are usable - iRacing uses them fine. They also all work great when I calibrate them from the Control Panel. The only difference is the software -- iRacing vs rFactor2.

If rFactor2 supports 4 controllers, it doesn't do it very well right now.

13. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

That sounds like it should be correct, but let's think about this a little bit more. The issue as stated is that when the DSD button box is connected it conflicts with the pedals. Also as stated it only occurs in rF2. It would be nice to have another device that could be connected to see if it just does this with the DSD button box or with anything when there are a total of 4 devices connected. Do you by chance have a joystick or some other type of controller that can be connected instead of the DSD button box to see what happens?

14. coops

coops Banned

THIS DIDNT HAPPEN TILL BUILD 101 OR 107 CANT REMEMBER BUT IT DID WORK B4 1 OF THESE sry for caps

15. aceshigh70

aceshigh70 Registered

Plugged in another USB game controller (instead of the DSD button box) and the pedals do not work with the other controller. The pedals still work in iRacing with the other controller just as it did before. This is a software issue in rFactor2. There's nothing wrong with the button box or the pedals.

16. coops

coops Banned

great news tyvm

17. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

At least now we know for sure, thanks for doing that test. :)

18. lopsided

lopsided Registered

I have a T500, TH8 Shifter, DSD Box and DSD Sequential. I could not get rf2 to recognize all 4 to begin with.
    I had issues with USB drivers in the past (T500 constantly being disconnected/reconnected, you know the chime windows makes when somethings been plugged in) and I also added a USB PCI card as I needed more plugs.
    As a result I had some of my devices plugged into the PCI card, some in the mobo's USB ports.
    Once I plugged all my controllers into the mobo USB ports rf2 recognized all 4.
    Not sure this is anyone else's issue, but if it helps someone ...cheers.

19. rer8

rer8 Registered

I have the DSD Race King r12 LED and it works flawlessly. The most awesome function that I have implemented with the box are the Two Way Rotary Encoders, which I am using to control dynamic ARB adjustments in cars that allow that function.

This box has a 1 - 12 Position Rotary Switch. I haven't found a way to use this switch, and would like to learn how you are utilizing it, if you also have this box or similar switch.

20. lopsided

lopsided Registered

My issues were with a much much older build of rf2... that was 3 years ago (post was 2012). No problems now.
    Bailey