3D Vision anomalys

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Digi Lauda, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Digi Lauda

Digi Lauda Registered

3D Vision anomalies

Hi,

rF2 claims to be 3D Vision ready, so i thought i´m gonna post my findings.
    I have 3d Vision for about a week now, so maybe there is more to come..........

I´ve attached an image that can be viewed in 3D cross eyed.
    One anomaly is at the hand of the "pit guy" and the other in the cars display (SPEED/WATER T/OIL T)
    This also happens on other cars/tracks/mods.

GTX 670
    Driver: 306.23

It´s also obvious without squinting.......... View attachment 4001

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2012
  2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Not knowing how 3d vision works, can you tell me if this definitely does NOT happen if you run rF2 without 3d vision on your system?

3. Digi Lauda

Digi Lauda Registered

Yes, does not happen when 3DVision is disabled!

One more example with another car, with and without 3DV:

View attachment 4202 View attachment 4203

4. mmed

mmed Registered

Besides those small glitches this game looks fantastic with 3DVision.

5. Digi Lauda

Digi Lauda Registered

Indeed! :cool:

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Thanks for the confirmation on that.

7. vittorio

vittorio Registered

The pit guy anomaly only happens with 3DVision, it doesnt happen with Tridef using the profile by dak61 posted here:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...3D-vision-thread?p=42371&viewfull=1#post42371
    so it seems to be Nvidia 3DVision only problem.

Rfactor2 being almost perfect and one of the most immersive titel in stereoscopic 3D, i would like to add some more anomalies:

1) Vehicle label: The drivers name does have a different depth than the car and the line pointing to the car. This is straining the eyes and it isnt easy to connect a text 1 meter in front of you to a line 100 meters away. This happens with 3DVision and Tridef.

2) The reflections in all mirrors are flat and not in stereoscopic 3D. This happens with 3D Vision and the Tridef profile posted by dak61. But it is possible to correct this for Tridef by changing the profile (see attachment)

3) This is a bit difficult to describe, convergence and object size: If i set the convergence more correct (so objects are closer, like the steering wheel is in front of me -> massive popout effect) the proportions of the object is right, but it strains the eyes. If i set the convergence so that it doesnt strain the eyes (e.g. so that there is no popout effect) the object feels too big (e.g. the Brabham BT20 then feels like being 2m wide or the steering wheel is 1m in diameter). I dont know what is the best way to deal with this, but after thinking alot about this i think it should be possible to adjust the clipping plane (like the driver seat position). So i could adjust, that everything should not be drawn being less than e.g. 2m (distance to 3DTV or monitor) away.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2012