bought 2 more 27" screens so i can rund tripple screen... anyone who can help me

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by Kenneth Sehested Pedersen, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Kenneth Sehested Pedersen

Kenneth Sehested Pedersen Registered

what i want to know, is what angle should the screens be placed.....some tell me 45 degree but when its 27 " im thinking in 45 degree the screens are gonna use a lot of space... they are 65 cm across a piece ?

2. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

I use 24" and yes at 45 degrees...your going to need that space. :)

3. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

At 45 degrees, that would make it what, 130cm total across? A lot less than 195cm :) The angle will all come down to how it sets up. Once you get your system setup, find a spot on a track that has a straight line going across at least 2 of your screens, then change the angle of the outside screen till that line is straight for you. This should give you the correct angle.

4. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Of course making sure you have done your Bezier adjustment as well :) What card are you using?

5. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I use 55° angle because it is the best angle with a triple screen!

6. metalnwood

metalnwood Registered

I find the best angle is so the the screens are facing you whe you look directly at them at them. For my 24" screens that was about 45 degrees. When I went to 42" screens that changed to somewhere between 55 and 60 degrees. Also depends how far you sit from the monitors.

I now have my 42" screens on my flight sim and put 27" screens on my racing rig. 45 degrees worked well with them too. You would have to be fairly close to the centre screen for 55 to be good IMO.

7. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Yes you are right metalnwood!I'm very close to the center of central screen!my eyes are distant about 65cm from the central screen.

8. Kenneth Sehested Pedersen

i have a 6970 2 gb

9. metalnwood

metalnwood Registered

Are you making/buying a monitor mount that is not adjustable?

I made mine for 24" screens and its not adjustable on the angle. 27 works too, I could go a little more. 55 may work for me but I wouldn't like it as much. Wajdi does like that so it just hows that it's preference.

Unless you are buying something with a fixed angle you should just play around to see what suits. Is there a reason you cant do that?

10. Kenneth Sehested Pedersen

i wont be using a monitormount. the monitors are gonna be used on there stands...so im building a table in an angle that match the monitors, for saving space.. :)

11. metalnwood

metalnwood Registered

OK, well why not make the table cater for 50 degrees and that way moving them from 45 to 55 to suit your prefererence should not be a problem.

I did the same with my 42" screens and ended up moving the sides inwards further than I thought I would. It didn't match the lines of the table top exactly but the view was more important than the lines of the table matching the screens.

12. Kenneth Sehested Pedersen

hmm seem that thats the least of my problems > :(
    Eyefinity works perfect on desktop...

my right screen turns of / looses signal?? as soon i boot the game.

my system is set up like this.

i have 3 samsung syncmaster A350 they have either support for VGA or HDMI

i use an active display adapter that goes from mini dp to DVI , the i have en converter from DVI to HDMI (so this monitor are hooked up with a HDMI cable.
    then i use an HDMI cable som the HDMI output on the GFX
    and the last monitor with is the one that looses the picture are connected from a cable that goes from DVI to HDMI, plugged in the DVI output on GFX.

13. Kenneth Sehested Pedersen

After installing a new 850 w psu its works perfect......in Metro2033 and Borderland 2...Iracing, PCARS.......uhhm smoth looks awesome.........but but but....my fav sim rf2 my side monitors still flickers a lot esp. at the buttom of the screen..

14. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Have you set sync to graphics or GPU how ever it is listed?

15. Kenneth Sehested Pedersen

ehm dont know :) what is the correct setting and where do i set it ?

just checked, it sayd None...

Nice did set the sync to GPU now its flickerfree.
    now i only got 1 problem left....my side monitors doesent fill out the screen, i remember first time i did set up my single monitor i had same problem, fixed it in some setting in CCC....dont know what its called in english....scalevalue maybe, im not sure

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2012
  16. Kenneth Sehested Pedersen

i have managed to fill out my side monitors allso....but then it seems the picture on my middle monitor is to big.....i cant see FPS counter.......nothing in life seems easy :)

17. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Using Eyefinity will cause this for a lot of people that have full HD monitors and use bezel correction. I don't have that issue but only because my screens are a little smaller at 1680 X 1050 each. Not sure if there is a setting that can be edited in the plr or something, but would be nice if there were.

18. Kenneth Sehested Pedersen

ok, then ill just live with the issue for now, and hope they will work something out later in the progress.. :)