What do you think of the new addition Formula 2 car?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by B1K3R, Sep 14, 2012.

?

What do you think of the new addition Formula 2 car?

1. Are you totally happy with the F2 car and feel it has no issues?

58 vote(s)
    36.5%
  2. Are you happy with the F2 car but feel it needs to be updated for better physics, FBB etc?

81 vote(s)
    50.9%
  3. Are you a little disappointed with the F2 car but have hope that they will make it feel better?

16 vote(s)
    10.1%
  4. Are you totally disappointed with the F2 car and you are impatient to wait for final product??

4 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

thanks for the advice, but as i said, i tried all that already...the AI still have less understeer around the fast, long corners. ich had setups, which gave me very little understeer, but none of them all gave me the corner speed, the AI has.
    But well, maybe i have to practice more and get more feel for applying just the right amount of throttle and just the right amount of steering lock.
    by the way: the FFB is much stronger with less camber at the front. with everything between 3.0° and the minimum I get much better FFB than with the standard 3.5°

2. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

Keep up the good work with the sever hosting I really appreciate the work you and others put into these things !

Larger text means more appreciation !

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I would'nt read too much into what the AI do as they are far from finished and I'm pretty sure they have their own set of rules at the moment.

4. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

A joy to behold. Feels as though I believe it should.. And it being verified by F2 drivers and made in conjunction with F2 and since ISI have a bit of experience with a thing called rFactor Pro that major F1 teams use to train their drivers I would say it is fine.

5. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Also AI runs with different physics, they can have a lot more grip at corners that human player, depending how they are set.

But as earlier was written, these cars will get fix for understeer at next update to this car.

6. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

oh, i think you are right about the different physics. didn't remember that at first. i hope thats the reason for me beeing slower than the AI around those corners - not an inability on my side :p

7. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I think that you can still counteract that by braking bit earlier, getting car pointing to straight earlier and thus accelerating out of corner faster, also earlier braking can mess them driving a bit if they are attempting to overtake.

I find that car responds best to binary inputs of brake and throttle, corners are not most enjoyable of course, also braking lasts only a second or so, but that is exactly how I have heard those high class modern race cars to be, one can get lot more fun from street car :p

8. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

yes, you can do things to compensate your own lack of turning ability; but i was just getting frustrated, because i could never actually achieve the turnability the AI was having right in front of me. i searched for the setup, that would allow me to do the exact same speed on the same line, but couldn't find it, i was always loosing maybe 2 meters around the long right hander at the beginning of palm beach (is it Turn number 4!?).
    On the second point i definately have to agree with you! i would love to have more road cars or GT4 cars in RF2. there is just so much more fun to be had :) but i guess thats a matter of taste and most of the guys around here enjoy the modern Formula cars more.

9. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I don't know if I do it right or wrong, but usually I turn wheel to some angle and then just make changes to car's turning by throttle, bit after apex I just floor it while reducing steering, I just drive with default setup, but I have sometimes lifted front a bit and sometimes reduced rear arb, that rear arb really kills any attempts of early power on, also can't really see any benefit of using it as I will be able to use just more aggressive throttle pedal without it. I guess that I'm doing unspeakable things to formula car and not driving it properly, but only way to drive I know is to use throttle to steer.

10. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

This. All of it.
    I'm really enjoying this car.

11. argo0

argo0 Registered

Finally, someone using almost the same settings as me! G27 here. These settings are great. I actually use 20 filtering and 2.0 ffb in game with 107% profiler.

Logitech owners - TRY THESE SETTINGS!

On topic though, I think the grip in very low speed corners is too little. This seems to plague all racing sims. I also think the steering goes a little too light on some turns.
    Apart from that they're fantastic. And great fun. I'm delighted with them, and look forward to the necessary updates and improvements to them.
    Well done ISI.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2012
  12. dumberdog

dumberdog Registered

I think, IMHO, so far it's the car that feels better in terms of handling and driving; the FFB seems very good also.
    Good job guys!:D

13. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Great car, I feel that I can push it around more than the FR3.5 when warmed up. Having a great time with this at Sepang. We need more modern day formula tracks!

14. Schueppe

Schueppe Registered

As DFGT user it feels much better after setting centerspringe to 15% and reducing frontchamber to under 3 and back to 1.5, I'm really happy now

15. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

a. ISI has stated that there is a bit too much understeer that will get adjusted in updates

B. The real life F2 car does have some fundamental understeer in it's natural behavior regardless of setup

C. Don't compare physics and such with the a.I. Especially when it comes to detailed stuff like corner entry speed or whatever. The a.i. (like in every sim/game) is dumbed down physics wise. On top of that, there are many parameters in the a.i. files and even in the actual track files that determine a.i. speeds, lines, driving techniques, and other stuff.

You just simply can't compare physics to a.i.

16. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

;)

17. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

As has already been stated, the FR 3.5 and the Formula Two are fairly similar cars, and I find that the best way to cure understeer is to give it some throttle, it can really help banish all understeer if your good with inputs...if not it's spin city of course : ) I usually like to try and keep some throttle input going on even if that's a tiny amount. I would really love to see a write up from an F2 driver on correct driving technique for this car, would be a great read.

18. Zoot

Zoot Registered

i really like the F2 cars, i have a momo wheel and so far everything is such a big improvement over rf1 its hard to dislike anything

19. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Momo should be very good with F2, you even have the choise of assigning gear changes to your stick, as this is how its done IRL at F2.

20. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

It seems they are using paddles nowadays (from wiki):

"The transmission is a new unit designed by Hewland specifically for Formula Two, the TMT. It has six forward speeds, and is operated by steering wheel mounted paddle shifters."