FIA Formula Two Williams JPH1B Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Sep 11, 2012.

1. krivjur

krivjur Registered

Agreed. Still trying to find the best compromise for CSW. I'm now trying lowering the steering effects strength from 10000, to clip the harsh bumps out some, but not loosing any sharpness on low end. Of course need to avoid using too high multiplier to not get close to the limit on normal cornering.

2. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Cool, thanks for the heads up. I did try setting texture to high from full but didn't see any improvement. I have a loaded X51 I bought this year and it is going to a 720p projector so a bit of a bummer that a steady 60fps isn't possible without turning things down. I'm sure ISI will optimize the graphics.

Looks like it is back to Sepang for me...

3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

true true, you got a point

4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Anyone know how to change head angle ? ,

I've used the free look mouse thing but can't lock my setting,

( I've put seat position down and my head angle up so view is realistic using free mouse view but can't set it as a default )

5. Jason72

Jason72 Registered

Maybe this has already been mentioned, I didn't read all 37 pages, but I don't think the problem people are having with this car is the FFB. Look at the tire temps. The spread between the inside and outside temps is ridiculous with the default setup. The car is riding on 1/3 of the tire. Reducing front camber to -2.1 , rear camber to -1.5 and setting all four tires to 15.5 psi the car feels much better.

2 people like this.
  6. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

a big thumbs up for you! Glad to slowly see more and more people attempting to use a more "true" cockpit view, ie. Lower vertical eyepoint (lower seating) + straight-on-ish eye point angle (rather than pointed downwards towards).

Although as in real life it makes car placement and overall visibility more difficult, it is a MUCH better/more realistic representation of actually being in the cockpit. It also feels even more immersive, you feel the body and chassis much more "wrapped" around you as if you were really sitting in one.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2012
  7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Spinelli

Yes your right, any idea how to do it? (so its default etc)

8. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Adrian, in the plr file you can change the seat angle by editing the following line: Seat Pitch="1.00000" // Cockpit camera pitch orientation (degrees). The default is Seat Pitch="-5.00000 so as you can see I have changed mine quite a bit. Some have changed it to Seat Pitch="5.00000 or even higher, but you will have to play with it to get it to where you like it best.

9. tjc

tjc Registered

Gearjammer...

I had a look at this as I think the default seat view is a little high but that line in my player file is as follows:

Seat Pitch="0.00000" // Cockpit camera pitch orientation (degrees)

And I`ve never changed a thing...

I wonder why yours was at a default of -5.00000 when mine`s completely different.

:confused:

10. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Everyone that has talked about that line has mentioned that it starts at -5 so not sure really why yours is so high to be honest, lol. I do however know that when you change it, you look more towards the horizon and less down at the dash.

11. Skynet

Skynet Registered

I like the head movement as it is a visual representation of g forces, hope their is a way to adjust this in rf2 ?

12. tjc

tjc Registered

Ok sweet... I`ll try things out and see how I get on.

Cheers for the info. :)

13. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

I can confirm this tjc, mines the same as yours...Seat Pitch="0.00000" // Cockpit camera pitch orientation (degrees), i've never touched this setting before...strange.

14. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Yup you can adjust head shaking/vibration, yaw, ptich, roll, ect. I think you can also adjust this for the cockpit, instead of your head/eye point, and maybe also for the outside world instead of the cockpit or your head, not 100% sure but I know there are many many things you can edit, theres too much to put in the game menus, so you have to go in the files and edit them.

This is why I wish ISI had some Super Duper advanced options menu ingame, make a pop up that comes on everytime with no way of disabling it saying, you are about to enter the Super Duper advanced options, many of these options should not be touched unless you really know what you are doing, also, changing many of these options can totally screw up your game, are you sure you wish to proceeed?? and then put a crap load of all these plr file, ffb file, camera file etc options in there.

15. tjc

tjc Registered

Mmm... funny how these are the same for you and me pb but different for Gearjammer (and others no doubt)

Anybody else found their settings different in this line?

Be interesting to find out...

Anybody from ISI tell us why the default settings are different here for different users?

16. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Thanks for this tip worked wonders i tell you +1 :)

17. tjc

tjc Registered

Mmm... yeh, I`ll try these settings out too just to test.

Cheers Jason72. :)

18. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Great tip! Thanks! :cool:

19. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Gear
    -thanks a lot this is just what am after, I'll give it a go

20. deak1944

deak1944 Guest