FIA Formula Two Williams JPH1B Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Sep 11, 2012.

1. tjc

tjc Registered

Very interesting idea there...

I wonder if it`ll ever happen, certainly hope so. :)

2. Domi

Domi Registered

Should we trust also on Ant Davidson when he talks about the Codies F1 saga? :)

3. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Heh, you can say you cannot trust anyone these days, but what you are left with if you dont trust anything?

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

5. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

LOL.. Don't think Bacheta wants to share his setup with the public, and his reallife rivals on track, in F2

I'm reading about centering spring and damper spring but I've NEVER used it in the past years. The only time I tried that was with the F3.5 on croft to decrease the rattling of my G25. The result was I lost all feel of the car and was feeling a dead G25 with a static force. Couldn't drive the car. When I disabled this I got my feeling back again.

Weird that some of you like it. Will try it with the F2.

6. Digi Lauda

Digi Lauda Registered

Whatever you do, don´t confuse "Spring Effects" with "Centering Spring"!

Centering Spring should be disabled...........

I would also be interested in the FFB settings of ISI which they use to finetune the FFB feeling of the Game!

7. fedexpress

fedexpress Registered

SERIOUS FFB PROBLEM WITH THIS CAR!

with build 107

with t500 wheel and f1 integral the ffb is seriously stuffed up

1. When I turn (left or right) with any car especially the formula 2, the wheel shakes/rumbles way too much, almost as if I'm hitting a rumble strip

2. There is no weight increase when turning the wheel at all? e.g in iracing when you are on a slope, it is harder to turn the wheel in 1 direction due to gravity but this is not present in rf2?

Not sure if this is in all wheels but this is a seriously problem with the t500 rs wheel

Please fix this Tim

thanks

8. Eh eh eh! This will definitely shut troll's mouth up! ;)

9. arnomar

arnomar Registered

I have a T500 too and it's OK for me.

My setup:

[ Force Feedback ]
    Type="1" // Type of force feedback: 0=off 1=wheel 2=joystick 3=rumble/gamepad 4=custom
    Ignore controllers="0" // Do not use FFB on: 1=controller1, 2=controller2, 4=controller3, 8=controller4 (or add values to ignore multiple controllers, for example 15 ignores all)
    Skip updates="0" // Apparently some drivers can't handle a quick FFB update rate, so use this hack to skip the given number of updates (0=full update rate, 1=half, 2=one-third, 3=one-quarter, etc.)
    Steering effects strength="-10000.00000" // -10000 to +10000, applies to all steering effects (torque, resistance, static spring, jolt, etc.)
    Off-road multiplier="0.15000" // Temporary test variable to reduce force feedback strength off-road (0.0 = zero FFB, 1.0 = full FFB)
    Steering torque filter="0" // Number of old samples to use to filter torque from vehicle's steering column (0-32, note that higher values increase effective latency)
    Steering torque per-vehicle mult="0.74000" // Per-vehicle steering column torque multiplier (this is a copy of the .CCH value)
    Steering torque zero-speed mult="0.30000" // Multiplier at zero speed to reduce unwanted oscillation from strong static aligning torque
    Steering torque sensitivity="1.00000" // Sensitivity curve applied to representable torques: 0.0=low 1.0=linear 2.0=high
    Steering torque extrap time="0.01500" // Time in seconds to extrapolate steering torque based on current change (Range: 0.001 to 0.050. To disable, set 'blend' to 0.0)
    Steering torque extrap blend="0.00000" // Higher blends of extrapolated value allows driver to feel torque changes even when actual torque exceeds 'input max' (0.0=disables, 1.0=max)
    Steering resistance type="0" // 0=use damping, 1=use friction
    Steering resistance coefficient="0.10000" // Coefficient to use for steering resistance. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
    Steering resistance saturation="0.10000" // Saturation value to use for steering resistance. Range: 0 - 1.0
    Steering spring coefficient="0.00000" // Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)
    Steering spring saturation="0.10000" // Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)
    Rumble strip magnitude="0.00000" // How strong the canned rumble strip rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.
    Rumble strip wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
    Rumble strip pull factor="1.50000" // How strongly wheel pulls right/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.
    Rumble strip update thresh="0.05000" // Amount of change required to update rumble strip effect (0.0 - 1.0)
    Jolt magnitude="1.50000" // How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.
    Throttle effects strength="10000.00000" // -10000 to +10000, applies to all throttle effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)
    Throttle effects on steer axis="0" // 0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis.
    Throttle spring coefficient="0.10000" // Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)
    Throttle spring saturation="1.00000" // Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)
    Brake effects strength="10000.00000" // -10000 to +10000, applies to all brake effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)
    Brake effects on steer axis="0" // 0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
    Brake spring coefficient="0.30000" // Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)
    Brake spring saturation="1.00000" // Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)
    Clutch effects strength="10000.00000" // -10000 to +10000, applies to all clutch effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)
    Clutch effects on steer axis="0" // 0 = Clutch effects on clutch axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
    Clutch spring coefficient="0.20000" // Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)
    Clutch spring saturation="1.00000" // Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)
    Gearbox effects strength="10000.00000" // -10000 to +10000, applies to all gearbox effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)
    Gearbox effects on steer axis="0" // 0 = Gearbox effects on gearbox 'axis', 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
    Gearbox spring coefficient="0.00000" // Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)
    Gearbox spring saturation="1.00000" // Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)
    Other spring coefficient="0.20000" // Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0) for any other FFB-capable controllers
    Other spring saturation="1.00000" // Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0) for any other FFB-capable controllers

View attachment 3986 View attachment 3987

PS: It's a good setup about feeling but i don't have a good hot lap :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2012
  10. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I'm a troll and feel no satisfied with this answer ;) . Still can't believe that steering wheel behaviour found in rF2 would be acceptable in real car (I mean no centring forces while cornering). If Bacheta found it realistic, probably it means he had used some specific FF or/and car setup. Then I would like to get to know about those settings.

11. ThomasH

ThomasH Registered

Thought I´d share my G25 FFB findings here too. With these settings the whole experience is transformed. To me, for the better. Please try it.

Force feedback settings G25:

Controller.ini :
    [ Force Feedback ]
    Off-road multiplier="0.00500"
    Steering torque filter="10"
    Steering resistance type="1"

Logitech Control panel:
    General 101%
    Spring 101% (or 0% doesnt matter)
    Damping 101% (or 0% doesnt matter)
    Centering spring disabled
    Allow game to adjust settings enabled

(Very important)
    In Game controller settings:
    Car specific FFB Mult: 2.50

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2012
  12. perplex

perplex Registered

i guess the default setup delivered from isi, is the setup he uses for a single track ?! maybe

13. Digi Lauda

Digi Lauda Registered

Looks plausible to me ( i don´t have Logitech ).
    But why the multiplier that high?

Maybe you should also write on which cars and even conditions (dry/wet) you´ve tested this setup.
    Why?

I´ve just tested the F2 and found really awsome feeling wheel settings (my opinion!) but that also happened in the past with the megane, FISI, GT......... just to find out that this settings are undriveable with another car or weather. I wonder if the FFB is implemented so much differently in each car? I wish once i´ve found a satisfying setup for my wheel, it should work globally for the whole game. But somehow it does not for me. And like i see, for others too.
    The new Fanatec beta firmware and drivers, which give a completly new feeling, make it even harder. There are so many possible combinations of game and wheel settings + firmware/driver versions........
    I guess one day i will go crazy or simply play codemasters games. ( But somehow that´s the same:p )

Can ISI give us some hints which settings should work best and how they test the game? Tim?

digi

14. ThomasH

ThomasH Registered

Oh, sorry. This is intended for the F2 car only. The multipler enhances the effect and the filtering tones the spikes down. Should work with other cars, just set the multipler to 1 or what feels best :)

With more filtering it gets smoother, but less detailed. I found 10 to be a good compromise.

15. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

To me damping setting is one which I cannot accept by theory. For ages, in all sims, this one as well as centering spring are suggested to be disabled because the sim should generate all forces.

FF mult probably oversaturates FF (have to check with pedals plugin), but thanx to this, very low forces have a chance to appear on steering wheel in more significant way. So in theory it may work.

16. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Tim mentioned that the setup in the F2 at the moment is from the 2011 season, so not current, but he has promised some tweaks in a future build of the game or mod.

17. ThomasH

ThomasH Registered

Just set damping to zero (springs to if you want) i dont belive rf2 is using those two sliders really...

18. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

270 degree rotation is what feels good to me with this simcar & helped me a lot

This car is very hardware settings sensitive but once one get the hardware settings right the simcar starts to feel logical & a total joy

19. tjc

tjc Registered

So at present we have a 2012 F2 car with 2011 setup... I never knew that. Hopefully it`ll become a "full" 2012 F2 car soon then. :)

20. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I find it interesting how all certain view persons (can it be just person? nah, probably coincidence) have all of sudden stopped replying even they did actively posted few days ago.

I really doubt that ffb multiplier set to even 1.0 is very good thing as that probably will clip ffb a lot, making small and large forces to be same.

I use 0.6 now and even with that it tends to clip a bit, but also there are no single moment that wheel would be dead at Mills or Malaysia at least. Of course if I turn too much, front tire heats up to 160 and even more and then forces start to decay, but it is related to grip loss more than anything, with heat tires seem to loose really lot of grip and really fast, it is really easy to heat up tires to 200 degrees with small slide and many ISI tires loose more than 40% of grip by then, Formula 2 tires seem to loose grip earlier, around 160 degrees they seem to become useless.

I believe there are still some WIP aspects that affect to that. Of course high grip slicks work differently from street tires what comes to this and I only know street tires behaviour enough well to tell that those are not becoming very slippery even with serious abuse.

So that then leads to situation where 'window' where one can slide the car around is very very narrow, it starts much wider but narrows to very tiny in that split second that tires overheat. It can of course be that rubber mix used in tires is such sensitive to heating, but I'm bit skeptic about how easily tire comes to heated point where it loses grip, that I think is part of contact patch WIP that makes some issues, but of course I can't be sure of that. Anyhow, currently there is static spring effect for tire on three axis and temperature is not affecting that, but I believe later it will, that might change it in future quite lot if I'm not completely mistaken.

It probably will also change steering feel too, but then again I may have misunderstood also.