FIA Formula Two Williams JPH1B Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Alexandre Martini

Alexandre Martini Registered

i don't think there's any problem with the force feedback...
    maybe it's a bit light at low speed but who knows what the
    real car feels like in those situations? i don't.

to me, it feels and sounds great! ;)

2. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

I just fired up 2009 RACEON, and it looks better and has a ton of FFB.

3. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

So what if you don't know, do you notice the diff between the F3.5, the FISI?
    rf2 going from bad to worse each build.

4. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

These cars are just awesome. I've had 3 fantastic races against the AI. You really feel like they are racing you....

The 60's open wheelers are like classic Bob Dylan with the acoustic guitar and harmonica: Legendary

The Formula Two cars are Dylan plugged in: Electric Fun!! :cool:

1 person likes this.
  5. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Another non G27 satisfied customer.

6. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Yeah mate, I'm gonna change my ini file between vehicles, great solution{Not!!!}

7. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

I understand bro. I had a G27 when the beta was released. I know what the rattles and shakes and jolts are like.

Sold my G27 to help pay for the new wheel and haven't looked back.

8. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Thankyou Tim, ISI, Awesome Mod keep up the good work :)

9. Slothman

Slothman Registered

G25 here...apart from the rattle off track (reduced with some simple tweaks) I really havnt had any issues.

Cant wait to get home and try this tonight :)

10. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

The ironic part of that ^ is that I had a G27 and used it for months with rF2.

I was so satisfied, I bought a new wheel because I knew my G27 was not giving me the correct FFB.

And guess what? Curbs and rumble strips feel like they should now. The whole FFB is experience is better.

Logitech owners are really blaming the wrong people. It's Logitech's design, not rF2's FFB.

Blame all the sims who've filtered and dumbed down your FFB before.... not ISI for finally giving us what we all asked for lol :)

If you're a sim racer, your wheel is just as much a part of your rig as your CPU and video card.

We've ALL upgraded our CPUs and video cards over the years to play our sims... It's time for you wheel now ;)

1 person likes this.
  11. Vinceton

Vinceton Registered

What wheel are you using?
    My old fanatec gt3 had double shifts, also only in rfactor. It turns out the rubber used to cover the electronics was ripped. I had to replace it with one of the other rubbers from the other rarely used buttons. I've been through 4 replacements so far. Once a new one was put in, no more double shifts.

You don't experience this in other games, because the software limits the amount of accidental shifts. Rf2 has a setting in the .PLR file specifically for this type of problem. By default, it's either off or very low.

12. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

The line in the player file is

Repeat Shifts="0" // 0 = no repeat shift detection, 1 = detect and eliminate accidental repeat shifts within 100ms, 2 = 150ms, 3 = 200ms, 4 = 250ms, 5 = prevent shifting again before previous shift is completed

13. djvicious

djvicious Registered

I noticed that as I went to play on other tracks. I was driving with it just because it makes the car seem so dirty!

14. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Your opinion. Just saying.

A formula/openwheeler with MASSIVELY wide front tires isn't suppose to have a lot of feedback through the wheel. The caster is set very low so that the driver is able to turn the wheel at speed. If the wheels were castered back farther (causing more centering force) the driver would need to turn into the incredible hulk to turn the wheels with low, sub 540° steering lock.

Enough of this G27 + rF2 bashing.. I spend two hours tweaking the FFB and I can run it fine 100% in the profiler and 1.0 FFB in-game. My oversized wheel mod not benefiting in this situation.

I will go into some detail on my settings.

[​IMG]

Rf2Data/userdata/player/controller.ini
    [​IMG]

15. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

LOL, you tragically obsessed fanboy's underestimate the reaction that's on the way from G25/27 owners if this isn't sorted at Gold.
    As if I'm going to buy a POS fanatec and risk 1000 problems to replace my perfect G27, which kicksass in all my other sims.
    Anyway, keep worshiping.

16. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Quick, inform ISI that they now need to fix the FISI and F3.5.
    You call this bashing, just wait till Gold, LOL.

17. Facundo Daniele

Facundo Daniele Registered

awesome job,i love it.well done guys

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

+1

I would add this is announcement thread and any further FF complaints or any others should really be posted in bugs forum.

Fanatec Carrera and package was great having a quick race while ago..... feels goood! lopl

19. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Be different if my other sims were playing up, but I'm not going to upgrade to a dodgy Fanatec for any single game.
    The attitude towards G25/27 is the biggest joke in sim racing.

20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

lol maybe you dont push hard enough to notice but you do know that the G25 and G27's ffb is off when your wheel is centered right? Its even been stated by logitech themselves, its built into the hardware, no sim or settings can change this, so when your wheel is straight or near straight you get no feedback. This kills your braking feel of lockup until you finally start turning the wheel enough for the ffb to turn on, you dont have to turn it too much to get to the "on" point, but it still hurts your braking and stright line feel.

Ya perfect wheel alright. lol

How do you know its a joke and not a flaw in the prodcut design that has been finally revealed? You are no technician or engineer to know this.

Also, there are settings to adjust this to your taste as many other people have mentioned, many have the G25 and G27's working great in RF2, so figure it out buddy, stop whining.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2012