Fanatec owners: Let Fanatec know we want "vehicle set" to work

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buddhatree, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Let's do it then! ;)

2. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

Thanks for posting Buddha, I had not used enough cars to notice that as you say this does not work at all. Added my name to the list.

3. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

I actually think it may not work correctly anyway.

Range From Vehicle="1" // Whether the Steering Wheel Range is automatically set based on the vehicle's TurnsLockToLock parameter
    Steering Wheel Range="400" // Degrees of steering wheel rotation, both visual and physical (if available)

I change wheel profile and wheel range changes?
    vehicle always stays the same so wheel range should not change if 'vehicle set' is used?
    sometimes it has defaulted to 400.

using a G27 here but hopefully not for much longer.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2012
  4. rhamm

rhamm Registered

Sounds good to me. I can crash no matter what the steering resolution is though.

5. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Before you load the track, yes.

Once the track is loaded, "vehicle set" kicks in.

Test for your self. Pick any wheel profile with "vehicle set" checked and then load a track. The correct steering range should be there.

1 person likes this.
  6. krivjur

krivjur Registered

Yep. However, if you changed the range while track loaded (you disable vehicle set momentarily of course) it won't revert back to the right value when vehicle set is re-enabled. When you hit the track, the value will be set correct though. Can't say if it actually changes the physical wheel's range as I only got Fanatec.

7. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

No it doesn't.... yet ;) It only works for Logitech and Thrustmaster (?).

Which is why we need every Fanatec owner to post at the link the first post.

8. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

I appreciate what your saying but changing the degrees of rotation with a little switch is not really an inconvenience to me personally, I'm fine with it.

9. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Tell me that when your switch wears out and stops working.

OK mate whatever. Though, in almost the time it took you to post that ^, you could have posted over at Fanatec.

You know, perhaps do something for others even though it doesn't affect you... "help the cause".. Just because :)

But I do appreciate the time you took to post here about how it doesn't affect you. Glad to hear it! :D

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I don't understand what you want Fanatec to do mate.

Main reason we wait is no AUSSIE will put enough money in , you see how fast new Fanatecs wheels go at Pagnian imports because they only get a handful and charge like wounded bulls.

All you need do is ring them and ask them when order is coming and pay in advance to secure one.
    It is no use asking Fanatec anything they can't help.

If they shipped the wheels themselves how would they deal with warranty issues. ? Too dear obviously.

Or find someone overseas willing to mail you one on and pay a premium ( air freight for heavy wheel is not cheap )

I said it before I say it again, I been hinting at PC CASEGEAR for years when I order that they take up Fanatec full-on.

imho it can only boost sales of other gear.

11. coops

coops Banned

understand this: Thomas "said that we will be able to order online through the new website".
    SO WHAT I WANT IS THE NEW BLOODY WEB SITE IS THAT TO MUCH TO ASK FOR ?

12. krivjur

krivjur Registered

Yes, I know. I meant I can't say if it works even for Logitech user physically on my described situation. ;)

As you probably know, the new site had some issues, due load at launch and maybe some bugs as well. I don't think Fanatec is completely ready to start selling to Austraia yet regardless of site issues, but yes they do have plans for that and Japan.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2012