Gear selection and other info

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by -Jesse-, Sep 9, 2012.

1. -Jesse-

-Jesse- Registered

Hi, my first post here.

Just bought the rF2 and been enjoying it a lot. No big bugs or major things to complain about.

But as I wish to drive in most realistic way possible, I'd like to know if the car I have selected has paddles, H-pattern shifter or what and is the clutch used or not. With 60's formulas it's pretty obvious, but other than that, I have no clue! Google helps, but I'd rather have the info in the sim. Also nice feature would be if rF2 suggested for example changing from "no clutch paddles"-settings to "H-pattern with clutch"-setting when changing from a car to another.

I'm no info freak, but IMO there should be more info about the series, the cars and the tracks.

BR,
    Jesse

2. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

3. -Jesse-

-Jesse- Registered

Very nice site, but sadly it doesn't have anything about gearboxes or gear selection. And as I said, I'd rather see that info in the sim.

4. jackvee

jackvee Registered

I have enjoyed rFactor since the very beginning. I love the physics and handling in rFactor 2. But the one thing that annoys me so much. No one seems to care about. No matter what manual transmission i drive 4, 5 or six speed gearbox. the clutch is only needed to get out of first gear? Why? No one seems to mind how unrealistic this is except me. If rFactor 2 is to simulate real world driving. Missing a gear is a big part of racing. I don't understand why this seemingly simple task of having a more realistic clutch has not been corrected or even addressed. I'm not asking for advanced clutch wear (although that would also be amizing) . I just want to know when I did not clutch properly and missed a gear. As it stands now I am a shifting GOD. In reality I am not. lol Any responses anyone? Seems like a simple plugin could address this.

5. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

Actually, the clutch is never needed. just mash the throttle and pop it in 1st and you go. VERY unrealistic.

6. Emery

Emery Registered

Uhm, stalling in a spin? Okay, I guess you can pop the gearshift into neutral, but I'm not qualified to do that :)