Logitech DFGT strange behavior

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by magog, Sep 3, 2012.

1. magog

magog Registered

Sometimes my DFGT spontaneously change steering wheel range during race. Im not sure that´s rF2 problem,I had a few time in the past similar problem with IR and rF1. I tried connect wheel to different USBport (front,back),repeatedly Logitech Profiller reinstall,but problem wasn´t solved. Any hint will be appreciate,thx.

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I once had this problem due to a power issue. My wheel would offset from it's proper position when my fridge came on to cool itself... Other than perhaps an internal issue with USB, the operating system, or the wheel hardware, there should be no issue why rF2 would do this... I think something is causing temporary loss or power or connection to USB...

3. magog

magog Registered

Bad news :( but thanks for your answer Tim

4. dandar

dandar Registered

I really hate USB since Bill Gates got the famous BSOD doing a Windows 98 preview. I was fine with the parallel port lol.

In your case I would suggest to try the following steps:

- Disable FFB on Logitech Profiler and also in rFactor2 to see if the wheel stops resetting by itself.

- Download and install the lastest motherboard drivers (from vendor website)

- Try an external powered USB hub.

- Check the output voltages on your power supplie, and keep and eye on the 5 volts line when you play.

- If you have enought expertise do a bios upgrade, if u don't have done this in the past, please contact a technician. Don't play with a bios upgrade if you don't know what are u doing and without a UPS connected.

Godspeed !

5. magog

magog Registered

Thanks a lot! I´ll update MB drivers first,that sounds like a good idea. And than I´ll see.

6. magog

magog Registered

Sorry,maybe stupid question again,but can anyone explain,what means those two [(947) & 900] numbers in steering wheel range?
    View attachment 3925
    I have it always after start rF2. If i load my profile,it looks like this
    View attachment 3926
    But if track (or session practice->qual->race) is changed,all returns to state on pic.1

7. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Hmm a guess would be that when you start your wheel is set to 900 degs, but when you race as you have the vehicle set switch on, the software is setting your wheel to 270 as that is appropriate to the car you are driving.

8. magog

magog Registered

And 947 in bracket? Is it normally? And if I load my profile,why is there 270,when in game I have whole 900? Im still trying to understand,where problem with my wheel can be :(
    Motherboard drivers update had no effect,and the other suggestions are run for a longer track for me.
    And sorry for my horrible English

9. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

I think that is the range your wheel actually reports, I am not at my rig at the moment so cannot check what mine says, but it is nothing to worry about...your English is fine by the way, no problem understanding what you are saying:D