ARI Fun Race #9 Sebring

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fergy, Sep 1, 2012.

1. gplayonline

gplayonline Registered

Great first partecipation for me. Lot of fun and good battles with some members!
    My target was to finish in the middle of the ranking if possible, and so it was! :D

2. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

The old ones are even greater to be seen on track. :eek:

3. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Welcome :)

4. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I too wait for gorgias video about shunt at start 3rd race.
    I was airborn again, did I mess up?

(btw, how come when im airborn Im not dead and I can continue racing? If I hit wall I get broken susp, why I can carry on with upside down?)

5. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Something ISI needs to look at. At the start of race 3 someone lost control and hit the wall, I had no chance of avoiding the accident and my car flew straight up in to the air some 20+ meters. Very unrealistic. Although damage for the Event was set to 50% which seems fine for racing incidents e.g I hit you, you hit the wall and the end result is damaged suspension or similar it seems strange to catapult through the air and be able to drive on. Anyway... Beta is the word;)

Personally I would like to see bits and pieces fly off and the car slide to it's death.

need to see the replay myself nikos, hopefully when I'm home later. Maybe your Martini slide of the dashboard??:p

6. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

I was able to avoid the two cars going against the wall, one at the middle of the pack and the other at the front.... but I was hit by other car who was also trying to avoid them, that made for a little damage and struggling the rest of the race at the brakings mainly.

I'll try to post some videos today (Final week not having to work in the afternoon).

7. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Welcome to member number 48, Mikestammerer. Looking forward to see you on track;)

8. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

That was the big problem, showered by beefeater while driving (couldnt find the olive afterwards too).

9. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Hey Guys, nice to hear you all had a great race :).

10. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

DJC is exposing my flying ability again...

but it seems Im flying realy low in the blue Spark compared to the guy in the white Spark who is pointing to outer space...
    Could this be Fergy? :eek:

11. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

LOL, i thought this was in rf2 not fsx :) hehe.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2012
  12. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

Don't think so, Fergy drives a red Spark.

13. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

Right from the oven, the first video.
    Cameras in this track are a bit far from track, so better use highest quality (480p) and full screen

Race 1 - First Lap

14. Everon

Everon Registered

which flies to the moon with the white car is me, I'm really anxious to see what happened.

15. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

This is how I ruined my 2nd place and eventually the race...unfortunately I did not expect him to slow down there.

16. Fergy

Fergy Registered

My race report is finished but the Forum and League site are both in the middle of migrating to another server. I will post it there later when it's all back up and running. Hoping guys can start to post there more often and make a great place to visit.

As Admin, my highlight of the night for many reasons. Waldemar and Jonathan having a great battle when Waldemar makes a mistake into T1. The rest you can see on the video. This is why ARI is getting a great reputation for quality driving and drivers. Well done Waldemar, sportsman of the week in my book.

The quality is not the best as I recorded it of my mobile but you get the point.

17. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

Watching that replay if we look at it in a "real" point of view he could have continued without giving back his position (in my opinion).

18. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

In the third race I almost did the same at the second lefhander, luckily I did not hit the fellow in front but run wide in a big lock up trying to avoid him.

19. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

Here is race3 First lap (Later I'll post a video of the start accidents from different perspectives.

20. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

@ Biker
    yeah, you bumped me I was upset when it happened I was enjoying the pressure, little things like that happen...for me my first two races were a nightmare i got caught up in some problems out of my control **** happens ;). Lots of fun as always! Wish I could have been faster here..