Still stuttering with CrossfireX

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Christian Rosén, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Christian Rosén

Christian Rosén Registered

Ok, i've managed to miss that info, but then i'm not using 3 screens i use 1 projector, but maybe it applies to crossfire and SLI too... But anyway it seems to work better than ever this second time i installed win8!! :-D :-D :-D

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Yeah, any non-standard setup right now has some issues. There are some fixes in the next update, if they dont get pulled, but i havent had chance to catch up with the latest dev builds yet.

3. Tiago Guerreiro

Tiago Guerreiro Registered

Thanks for the heads up ;)

4. 1959SLP

1959SLP Banned

I'm not running 3 monitors however, I am running SLI. Have a 3-way setup with GTS 250s.

I am new to rF2. Have been following things for a while but was unable to get going with it until now.

At first, I thought it was something with my configuration somewhere.. either drivers, a setup within the nVidia CP, something in the game, or a combination. I realize my video cards are somewhat dated but they've always performed solid. Even with other games/sims past and current, the performance is darn acceptable.

FWIW, after a good bit of testing, it seems whether I run a single GPU or SLI I am getting similar frame rates to what others have posted here. Single GPU 40s - 50s and SLI up to the high 70s.

Circuit, Player, Opponent, Texture = Full. Texture filter X2. Special effects Full, Shadows Low, Shadow Blur Off, Movies Off, Sun Occlusion Off, Rain Drops Yes, Road & Enviro Reflection off, Wind and Crowd motion Off.

I too get that stuttering look even though frame rates are steady.

Hopefully the sim comes around as the original rF did over time and begins to smooth out.