Game crashes during Pitstops in wet race

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Max Benning, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Max Benning

Max Benning Registered

Hey out there, I have an annoying bug which occured in the previous build as well. I saw a similar post about it in the track forum, but I couldn't find a solution. Situation: I'm racing offline against AI in a race which starts in dry conditions and after a while rain starts. When I go for a pit stop and change to wet tires, the game crashes. This happens on every track, ISI build or not. Pitstops in constant conditions work fine, it only happens when weather changes during the race.
    Any solutions?

2. dandar

dandar Registered

I'm not able to reproduce your issue, if you could post how should I do the full session configuration that would be great.
    It's to soon to affirm the problem is related to the weather, could be the tire change, the pit workers, or anything else.

3. Old Hat

Old Hat Registered

I've just had this. Offline AI race at Malaysia, rain in the middle, so I selected wet tyres going down pit lane but just as I stopped at my designated position there was a CTD. I've never gone into the pits under these circumstances before so don't know if it's just this build.

4. Max Benning

Max Benning Registered

It's just like Old Hat explains. Start a Race Session (I've set time to default (14.00), 15 Laps and Time 30 min, no time acceleration) at any track, had it on malaysia, estoril, mills, croft and sebring as well, and set up the weather that you start under dry conditions until after 50% of the race rain comes down. Then you try a tire change from dry to wet.

5. RGrueira

RGrueira Registered

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Thanks for posting this guys.

7. Axly

Axly Registered

Completing info, During a wet race I decided to endure the rain and disabled tire changes, still, as I entered the pits, a short silence and then CTD. (two others in the same race CTD'ed during tire changes)

We need to set the weather to sun until it's fixed :)

8. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Can also verify I have had the same issue (Malaysia, rain beginning half-way through the race and crashing during pit-stop).

9. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

The crashes we at ARI league are experiencing since build 90 in our online races when trying to pit have always happened during dry races

10. Axly

Axly Registered

Another confirmation that this also happens in dry races (manual weather, sun only, no change during race).
    Ran a 2 hour race with accelerated time (x10) and when pitting after just over an hour's driving, badaboom - windows. 2 out of 7 remaining drivers got ctd.

11. JohnnyB

JohnnyB Registered

1 more confirmation that this also happens in dry races when pit-clock stop counting. 6 out of 9 drivers got ctd.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2012
  12. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

Yeah this doesn't have anything to do with the rain. I've been crashing also. For some reason it's only in races. One thing I think I'm going to check on is if doing anything different than what is defaulted for your pitstop is causing the crashes. It has happened twice for me and I notice that when I'm trying to customize my stops to get out the pit as fast as possible it happens. When I was just going in and letting them do the default stuff I didn't have any problems.

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Maybe related:

Juts had an online pick up race (first time for months!) and when I had to pit for damage I had the 113 secs, the counter kept going and going and going...When I escaped out after waiting too long it said DNF and not Suspension like I thought it might. Not sure if this has hapened before or is even related to the other Pit Lane Crashes but thought it was worth posting anyway.

14. Anakin

Anakin Registered

We have been seeing this on our league races also. We have now driven with Formula Masters and only dry races. Yesterday we did a race at Mills Outerloop C and some of our drivers got this Crash To Desktop during practice and few (including me) during the race. Most of the drivers were able to do their pitstops without problems.

We are using the parc ferme rule which forces tyre compound for the race to be same used on qualify. Previsouly we saw this crash happening really often if you change tyre compound in the pit, but yesterday it happened few times eventhough drivers were not changing compound. I had a huge (500+ secs) repair after crash in the first lap and it repaired like 5-10 secs and crashed then.

15. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

I'm wondering if messing with tires period is triggering it. The times it happened to me I asked for no tire change, I'm wondering if people come in and just go with the default pit settings will that avoid the crash. Has anyone came into the pits and didn't do anything different, just got the default tires and still got a CTD?

16. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

Yes, at our league tyre change was mandatory.
    I remember that if you requested pitstop early in the track you could get the crash before reaching the pits.