Game continues to crash everytime....present in 101 and now 107.

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by waynevegas, Aug 31, 2012.

1. waynevegas

waynevegas Registered

Yes....SLI crashes (and worst performance)...no SLI runs fine.

2. waynevegas

waynevegas Registered

Good news. It appears that the new 306.23 driver has resolved my SLI issues. I will test some more, but I'm getting good frame rates with SLI enabled. I haven't run enough to see if the crashing persists, but I am optimistic!

3. waynevegas

waynevegas Registered

False positive alarm. The game crashing is still occurring. I was optimistic as the new formula 2 mod was performing great, but when I switch to the meganes the performance tanks with SLI. No matter what I run in SLI, the game will ultimately crash after a lap or two. Can only run with SLI disabled to get anything consistent performance wise.

4. waynevegas

waynevegas Registered

I don't think it is a Vram issue as my 680s are 4 gb each.

5. waynevegas

waynevegas Registered

I think I may have at least narrowed the crashing problem down to running the Meganes. I did a clean install of the game and started with a test run with the Formula 2s. I was successfully able to complete a 5 lap race without crashing. I thought I resolved the problem. (i still don't think the SLI performance was as good as it should be, but it improved over the race). I then switched to the Meganes and ran ok for 2 laps and then crash/lock up. I also get back light flickering when running in the Meganes....like my brightness is going up and down.

6. waynevegas

waynevegas Registered

Not sure if any ISI staff is monitoring this thread still, but I have discovered that I get lockups with SLI running any of the older build cars...vintage, meganes, clios, but I can repeatedly complete races with the new Formula 2series. If that provides any insight. Everything else I run crashes after a lap or two. Not sure what is different in the latest F2 car builds, but at least no crashing. By the way, I run mainly on Mid-Ohio.

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Thanks for all the clarifications.