rFactor2 Test Build 107 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Aug 30, 2012.

1. thuGG

thuGG Registered

And why mirrors weren't fixed? It's a pretty annoying bug present from 2-3 builds.

2. modmate

modmate Registered

Sorry mate, but there comes time we should get disapointed and should be allowed to post it. I do also got some way different experince for a Beta?? its an alpha if you compare to others. Have a look at what they have done in the past 8 month, seriously, i dont want to sound offense here but it seems to be you are all blinded somehow.
    As soon as someone say he is disapointed these "its just a beta...wait...bla" posts come up.

Have a look at the NOT sim Pcars and its developement. Even if they are much more people working on it, they include the forum community and take them serious. The do also actually FIX bugs and not just switch to the next one. Also there is way more content in their alpha stage then in isis`s beta stage..

I dont like pcars physics and we dont need to talk about the game itself, but about the team behind it. If you look around here about pcars you just read...its sh**, forget it,,,,pooor and so on. Have a look at pcars forum, you wont see that, and thats where it all begins and maybe ends someday.

Isi just need to realize that they are in a competition at least with AC and GTR3 but they dont realize i guess. I wont post again in this thread here cause i dont want to get called spammer but you may just think about it.

3. SpeedRacer

SpeedRacer Registered

10/20 FPS increase here, mirrors are all working, I see the drivers gloves just fine! Those having issues, maybe try some different settings.

4. bbel

bbel Registered

Hi,
    Thanks Tim.
    Better FPS and less stutter with build 107 for my system.
    Thanks ISI !!

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Just tried a few laps in online room setting up.

I don't have any issues, seems the same as last build, ie: smooth as.

Whats the drama doing a fresh folder every time.

If like me you leave your packages in a folder away from rF2 it is a breeze.

6. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

It's a small update,only 15mb!I was hoping for a new track/cars:)

7. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

I´m ok with this build but who´s not satisfied don´t have to be bash with that talk about only beta and so. let ISI answer people who having trouble. it´s annoing people not from staff given excuses about this.

8. modmate

modmate Registered

What would you like to hear? Exactly the point on track when stuttering or drops start, and also every single shadow named wich is flickering . Along time ago i post Bugs and problems with pictures and all needed information but never get any response like a tons of us. Youre not really INTO it Tim, you`re more likely online if a update arrive to cover the first 10 sites of posts and thats it.
    Sometimes you as a head dont know whats the point of view on different thing wich is really not usual.
    I miss the community thing in here seriously.

So money back option is availyble also for us got the bety since beginning, if so then im sorry i dont recognize that change and write a mail to get mine back.

9. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

So much whining.
    When you all paid you were informed that this would be a Beta.
    You could always waited till it was finished.You could always done like i did.....did nothing,keep racing in rf1 and other sims.
    Saying "i was expecting this and that" sure doesnt help developers.

10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

As has been said for 2-3 builds, builds don't fix them, an update to the 1960's mod will, but we are not going to release an update to the rfmod just for that at this time. :)

11. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

Where is the change log?

12. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Hehe, there is no change log for now:)

13. Richard P

Richard P Registered

+1 wtf is this bild without changelog!! (i know the forgot to put it in } dont release it wen its not ready :-(
    i dont even gone update this time before the get of their laisy ass and give us something real.
    we need some new content to get it going again

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2012
  14. modmate

modmate Registered

And without nobody can even imagine was has changed. I never want to see this and that but at least something wich doesnt happens for 8 month now. I get refund and im out until gold release hopefully end 2013.

15. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Massive fps increase here too.

Like others are reporting, about 10-20 fps increase! :D

16. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I see that reflections refresh rate has been decreased but that had only minimum influence on performance on my end.
    It seems that this update was more about physics - especially with F2 comming soon.

If you expect people to read your posts, do the same for them... or at least read the first post :)

17. Richard P

Richard P Registered

i did read that but i really dont know whats changed and saying we forgot to put it in is so ISI :) ehhh easy!!!

18. drako90

drako90 Registered

More FPS... Thanks ISI :D

But the Mirrors for the "mod 1960s" continue Black. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2012
  19. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Well, firstly it's not really giving great confidence when two known issues, completely unrelated to builds, are in your post about the build. This makes me wonder if you ever did a test with the previous build in that car, with those settings, at that track. This means that you saying you have less FPS is hard to trust, because if you'd never seen those gloves before, maybe you didn't really check your FPS before... It is also worrying to see the plugin icon there. I know we have some, but for comparative tests, you'd need to disable them.

I do understand being frustrated, I do. Even though I feel it was explained, has been explained, what this is, etc, I know some of you are not used to testing this type of product, and if you are, you might not be happy testing during graphics development. The fact that we are developing in a different order, doesn't mean we are in a different stage. I don't think pCARS had open testing during graphics dev, did they? During this dev, you are going to gain/lose FPS, you are going to start/stop getting stuttering and you are going to get flickering, texture issues, etc. You might not like the 'excuse' of that rFactor2 is in testing, but that's what it is. Comparing to products which had their gfx done first, establishes nothing, IMHO.

I think, and please try this, shadow flickering could probably be solved by rebuilding the shaders. To do this, uninstall and reinstall the mod(s). The first time you load that track again, shaders should be rebuilt.

20. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Yep, hood view makes me feel sick now. :eek:

Just tried the GT's @ Mills. Car is much more stable now. FPS no change for me.