Ok,I'm done with the online races!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Mikail

Mikail Registered

I do this excact thing very often and it's effective imo.

2. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Online public severs you have to take with a pinch of salt, i just joined a server called simracing.es which i have done before and never had trouble, but this time i hadnt even left the pit and when a member switched to admin and wrote noobs out then booted me lol. i rejoined out of curiosity to see why i got kicked, he said i hadnt set fast enough lap, i said i hadnt even done a lap. any way he said i had 5 laps to set a lap under 1.50, so i set out got round a few corner noticing my break sensitivity was way to high, so exit to pits and then get a msg from admin saying sarcasticly great lap Dean. I asked him if hes for real but no reply, i did a 1.46 and left, whats up with some peoples attitudes man.

3. coops

coops Banned

they forget they were once at that level but now to good for that.

4. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Believe me,it is so frustrating seeing this things after 2hours of practice and qualification!
    Yes,I have joined IsR league and I'm happy there(I made few races with them though)but some times I like to join some server for some clean race!

I'm the red car(the red car at the end of the video)

5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Awaiting a decent league myself , online public servers are like a scene fom madmax (2), people just don't practice enough or take enough care around corners or other cars

6. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I raced with premiersimracing guys last night. Very clean. Several two-wide turns without incident. Awesome. Thanks guys for letting me join you!

7. Minibull

Minibull Member

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/9290-Round-2-Fine-Line-Toban-Raceway-Saturday-December-29-2012

"Hello, is it me you're looking for?" ;)

I haven't ever done any proper online racing, except for the last 2 races with these guys, and they are bloody brilliant. Penalties for first lap incidents are big, everyone takes it nice and easy. Plus a nicely spread grid in terms of speed.
    You can go see their race guidelines on their site :)

8. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Its because he uses single screen i guess. But he is not right in try this in that place even if he had 3 screens because if its real race he would die from the first crash or not to seem to worth try to back in race with car in that conditions.

edit: but i do that with ais with my indestructible car. :)

9. ZMC888

ZMC888 Registered

I know, this drives me nuts, someone who could have had a good race with me knocked me off on the first straight when I'm going in a straight line. It's really bad ATM because many of the cars/circuits I don't want to drive and I'm in a weird time zone. Used to have loads of fun with the V8 Supercars sure I will do again later.

No matter how bad it gets on RF2 always remember some of the Simbin games are even worse.

10. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Pubbies suck- not only because of the awful overly aggressive wreckfest but also because you don't know who you are driving with. Half the fun of a league race is racing with guys you know. At www.simracingpro.com we do some rF2 racing (no league yet) with different mods. Mostly we do Race 07, but we are mixing in more rF2.

11. isamu

isamu Registered

Leagues are nice but they need to run every hour of every day. This waiting a whole week before ONE race is simply for the birds. I wanna race every day not once a week.

12. Minibull

Minibull Member

S***, you would get through a 12 round championship in under a week XD
    Besides, I wouldn't be keen on doing hours of practice to sort out my race pace, followed by qualifying, and then a 70 odd lap race each day...:rolleyes:
    Besides, what makes a league event great is that it is monitored and everything is watched. You can't rely on the game to penalise dangerous driving. Who is going to monitor a small league's races that happen every day?

13. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

@GTClub...It doesn't get much more deliberate than that.
    The first accident while bad, is excusable. The second... not-so-much.
    He'd never do that on a real track.
    I still remember my first spin on a proper circuit. I was running some laps in a friend's Formula Ford. The first car that went by closed so darn fast you knew you'd better get it right when rejoining less you lose life or limb.
    I did dropped in to some great RF2 online races a few days back though.
    What made them great was the fact that they were only five laps each, clutch and forced cockpit view were also required.
    The requirements eliminated a few of the guys who normally tend to come in and try to win in the first corner...while taking out half the field.
    I sat there and watched for a few minutes. The first few times they went off track and stalled they realized it was not going to be "monkey" business as usual and that there was going to be additional effort required. It was usually after the third stall they'd take their 'toys' and leave for easier pastures.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2012
  14. Muxi-Mux

Muxi-Mux Registered

Thats why i love iRacing.

15. Spadge

Spadge Registered

Remember back when Alison Hine had that website full of useful advice on how to race online? OK, it was for GPL and a lot of the philosophy was based around 60s F1 racing, but a lot of it still holds true.

Stuff like: you don't go when the lights go green, you go when the guy in front of you goes.

And: if you crash into the guy in front it's entirely your fault.

As for iRacing being where all the good clean racing is ... the only two races I ever won there were won by hanging back on the start, picking my way through the T1 pileup and making myself hard to pass when the fast kids caught back up a few laps later. The rest of my time was spent wondering why I was paying so much money every month to get frustrated with being rammed on the first lap.

I host races that are usually pretty clean and fun every Saturday night, starting about midnight GMT with a long practice session, followed by short (~ten minutes) races with ten minutes warmup between. They are open unpassworded pickup races just for fun. I've never seen a wrecker in any of them.

16. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

All good words to live by.
    It's actually a very good formula in simracing.
    If they're none or few cars behind, I'll sometimes take a different line just to stay out of trouble at the start. I like to 'hang' back until after that first corner drama and then try picking my way through the field. Some points are better than sitting in the garage with no points.
    You always see guys...even the aliens, taking each other out. Some accidents are not avoidable..but many are.
    Guys who do that a few times on actual tracks don't stay long...unless they're the ones paying the repair bills and have 'deep' pockets.

17. frankwer

frankwer Registered

People just need to realise that there is beginners joining servers that need some time to get adjusted to the game, cars and tracks. Not all have the super setups, experience etc to be perfect on the track. And if they should practice offline there would hardly be any server to join, except empty ones.

Remember the rF2 community is very very small, the last thing we need is to boot people off the servers because of some mistakes.

Just my 2 cents...

1 person likes this.
  18. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Well, I didnt expect this in this thread, a welcome surprise.

Being a life time beginner, slower than a snail and prone to big mistakes as I find quite some are in the public servers, yes, after this thread I will not feel again especially welcome there.

A lot of arrogant talking here, makes somebody believe the subject is not a game to have fun, but a life importand discussion.
    As I detest rude people in the servers, much the same goes to arrogant people who think they only have the right to be there and you are slowing them down rushing to ecstasy.

Some nights ago, I joined a Skip server, trying to come to terms with it (most difficult mod for me till now) and there was a blocke there who was doing fast laps with one finger on the horn button all the time. It felt like a train was heading on you.
    He succeeded making me leave the server, I suspect he made others like me too, I only wish he was left alone there battling himself.

It sounds reasonable to demand slow drivers to get better offline before they go online, but some of us have work and families and all available time for racing I have, I will spend it online than get bored to death with speechless AIs.

1 person likes this.
  19. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I stay away from European prime time and online racing is quite fine for open servers. Never seen any guys disrupting anybody.

20. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

@frankwer and 1959nikos...

I'm really glad you guys brought up this side of it.
    They're some guys who think they alone, belong on servers.
    Not everybody is fast 'out-ot-the-box'. Some of the guys who race for a living struggle at simracing.
    I remember seeing Petter Solberg trying RBR and crashing in a few corners.
    Nick Hamilton 'hammers' Lewis...who's a past World Champion just about everytime they race.
    My point is; At the end of the day, everybody's simracing and sometimes accidents will occur. I've spun directly ahead of somebody I was battling and had guys do the same to me. Sometimes you can't use the escape key to avoid a collision because the car is still moving etc..
    In those cases you try to minimize the damage as much as possible. You certainly don't come around the track and deliberately run into the guy.
    If I spin, I try to look for a safe opening before rejoining...even if that means I'm several places back.
    Same with passing and being passed. If somebody in the lead pack comes up fast to lap and I can move immediately, I do.
    That's different if I'm racing sombody on the same lap.
    I'm under no obligation to simply move and let them drive by. We are afterall...racing.
    If they're much faster, then they need to pick the opportunity and do it safely. My only obligation is to not deliberately block them.
    Some of the faster 'aliens' don't give consideration to the fact that you may not be at a place where you can move immediately.
    Many think it's okay to simply ram their way through.
    It's rather disappointing when this happens, because I'd like to think they'd have the good sense not to try it in a real situation.