Online race, how to do it ??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kimi450, Aug 26, 2012.

1. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

When you said you made an exception in firewall, it's very likely that you only made an exception for the RF Launcher. You also need to make one for \rFactor2\Core\rFactor2.exe also. Give that a go.
    What firewall you using?

2. BlaringFiddle5

BlaringFiddle5 Registered

are you sure you aren't just wowed by the lack of servers? I opened online the other day and only saw like 5 servers in there ...

3. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I think you left out a zero. 50 servers sounds more like it, at least. ;)

4. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Another point is to check whether you have multiple firewalls, in place, such as windows, virus scanner, & router?

5. BlaringFiddle5

BlaringFiddle5 Registered

No - seriously - it was like Wednesday night or something (like maybe 10pm US - eastern)... I saw five servers - all of them had mods I didn't have (although I am getting the track torrent as I type) ... Get Mod button didn't work ... so I played single player :)

6. JETninja

JETninja Registered

First, what are your system spec (since you didn't add them to your profile) and what OS? I assume Win7? What firewall are you using? The built in one is more then adequate, its actually quite good. (I use it plus I'm behind a 8 Port router with Firewall) Windows will tell you if its blocking access, you just have to tell it not too when you see the Pop-up.

7. Kimi450

Kimi450 Registered

Win 7 ultimate 64bit. Malwarebyte is the only antivirus thing i use. Inbuilt firewall. What should i do to do the thing about router. i didnt understand that bit. rfactor 1 doesnt have any problems playing online

Yes i did the firewall exceptions again still not working

8. JETninja

JETninja Registered

I only use the MS AV, who better to protect windows? (its in their best interest!) never found a more unobstructive AV...love it.

So, your saying you got the Windows Pop-Up about blocking access and you unchecked it? You may just want to re-install RF2. Maybe you accidently told it to block...I know I've clicked the wrong thing a time or two before!

What router are you talking about? Most modern ones need no messing to let games through, I just installed a new whole house 8 port wired router and a new Buffalo wireless router....didn't have to do any exceptions for either router to allow online gaming. (have 4 sons, 2 PS3s, 3 laptops, 1 Ipad, Phones, etc)

9. Kimi450

Kimi450 Registered

I dont know anything about rouers and i have re installed rfactor servral times. Nothing pops to ask

10. Onelug

Onelug Registered

I would try right-clicking your rfactor2.exe, choose properties->compatibility and check the box to "run as adminstrator".

11. Kimi450

Kimi450 Registered

tried not working. that was my first thing to try :(