~ISI DEVS~ PLease help with Material settings (again)

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by ESP=EWE=, Aug 21, 2012.

1. ESP=EWE=

ESP=EWE= Registered

You gave us the complete car to have a look at in 3ds max but none of the textures are setup for gmotor.

Is there any chance that this can be updated to include the basic gmotor texture settings thats used.

As quite frankly the documentation on materials is somewhat lacking in detail.

Failing that could we have better documentiont hat explains what each of the options do within the gmotor material settings?

I have tried all possible combinations for window transparency and cannot get it 100%.

We all want our mods to look as good as the original game cars so why not lend us a hand?

2. erale

erale Registered

Use "Src Alpha" and "Inv Src Alpha" for the transparency. Then adjust your diffuse textures alpha channel. Black is completely transparent, white is not transparent at all.

1 person likes this.
  3. erale

erale Registered

If you still need help here are the settings we use for the IFM windshield:

Shader: Cube Map Specular T1
    Source Blend: Src Alpha
    Dest Blend: Inv Src Alpha

That's ok for an open wheeler but I guess for a closed car you should use the windshield shaders.

Maybe you've selected a shader that uses the alpha channel for something else?

4. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

I think the features are not finished yet, so thats why there is no any official help.

5. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Yes, it makes no sense to play with more advanced material settings right now.

I can pretty much guarantee you guys, that the way reflections are handled by various shaders will change. Simply because the fact that one or two shaders received updated reflection code and others still need to be updated.
    Not to mention that this reflection code is still not correct in terms of supporting specular maps for example.

And if you remember - we have been warned that no backward compatibility can be guaranteed. You may have to redo your materials when gold is released. Or maybe even your scene design if we're lucky - at the moment rF2 suffers greatly from being CPU-bound with performance and it's related to the way content is designed.

So focus on modelling, texturing and only set materials to look more less ok. The time for making it look right will come later.

6. dandar

dandar Registered

7. ESP=EWE=

ESP=EWE= Registered

While we understand that settings, options and what not may change in the future we would still like to have something that is a fair and equal representation and want it to be as good as the current standards.

I'm sure we are not the only mod group who is facing these and other issues.

We have no intentions of releasing our mod until such time as RF2 has gone GOLD in any case.

8. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Forget to get info about materials, just trial and error, i'been doing like that, maybe i can help you, i try a lot, but still don't know how setup materials for lights (the animation part), it's a mistery for me.