For Sale: Fanatec Clubsport base + Formula rim and BMW M3 GT2 rim (plus extras)

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by ZeosPantera, Aug 17, 2012.

1. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Decided to sell the Fanatec Clubsport base along with the F1 rim and I set up a second auction for the GT2 rim in-case anyone is interested in just that.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261083502738

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261083511037

Went with eBay for safety's sake. Post any questions about them here and I will answer.

I also have the Heavy Duty Fanatec table clamp bracket and a G27 H-shifter with a Bodnar USB adapter that aren't "officially" up for sale anywhere but we could work something out if anyone is interested.

2. modmate

modmate Registered

Hey mate,

Not interested in buying but i would like to know why you sell it. Such a new wheel for a fantastic price you get and now you sell it?
    Is it the wheel quality or more likely you need money?

Greets Modmate

3. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

The massive outlay of cash that has been absent from my bank account has sort of been on my mind. I did grow to like the Elite Pedals enough that I will be keeping those, but the limited modding options that the base and rims provides is just a bit too proprietary for my style of sim-racing. I want something I can cut up and improve and I am not laying a finger on that setup.

I will keep the cash around for future sim-racing endeavors. Perhaps a 1080P projector.

4. modmate

modmate Registered

Hey,

I understand that. You should go with a t500 then, massive options to mod for sure. You know ive done alot to it so far.
    Hope you get a good price!

Greets

5. Kev

Kev Registered

Why no shipping to Russia?

6. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

International shipping is INSANELY expensive and the wheel will also have to go through customs where things that X-Ray mechanical with wires have been known to just get stopped dead at the border for fear of being bombs. Also by the time the wheel is sold I assume the price + shipping won't be worth it for a European, Russian or Australian destination. The price for me to ship would put the set over the cost if you directly bought from Fanatec that have shipping depot's in Europe already.

For example I calculated for the UK the package cost to ship is at the cheapest $310.95 and to Australia $403..

HOWEVER.. The Aussie just made me look up USPS and it was only $116 for shipping to Australia from New York.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2012
  7. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I now ship anywhere. USPS saves the day (as long as they are not lying!)

8. ADUBZ

ADUBZ Registered

Hey Zeos if you're interested I'll buy it off you for how much you paid for it + shipping to Australia??? Pretty Please I want one so bad XD

9. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Go bid like the rest of them. I have this up on three forums and reddit and I didn't want to play favorites with communities and members by just using A forums to sell it.

Instead I will use the classic capitalist/imperialist system of highest bidder wins. There are a few Aussies interested in it. A Russian, a Canadian and two from the UK. Why can't someone in Brooklyn want a wheel. Shipping would be so much simpler.

10. Kev

Kev Registered

Too bad fanatec don't ship their devices to Russia so i have no way to get them... :(

11. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I have noticed there are quite a few places that Fanatec doesn't ship to. Don't know why.

12. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I don't understand this commercial politic of Fanatec...Same here in Isrele where they don't ship:mad:
    I know a lot of Israelian Sim-racers that would like to buy their steering wheel,specialy, the CSR-Elite and the Club Sport wheel despite the heigh customs tax! but they can't do it for this suicide commercial politicy of Fanatec.
    However at Christmas I will commission my best friend in Italy to buy the CSR-Elit for me and he will ship it to me here in Israel.

13. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Ok,now this thing is becoming a big joke
    [​IMG]

You have paid it 450$(base+2 wheels) as a reviewer and the bid is already over 650$ and I think that it will go over 1000$ that is unfair!

14. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Better to have loved and lost than broke even. Still didn't skew my review (in case you couldn't tell) and the people bidding can't get this wheel new from Fanatec anyway so it is a bit of a bidding war.

15. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I think that you should put a price limite to that auction knowing that a lot of Russian and Australian would have payed it too much to have it!
    just my opinion and I'm happy for you .the fault isn't your but to Fanatec!

16. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Don't see a problem here... only that those bidders must be somehow uhm,... stupid? I don't know. haha....

17. mikem

mikem Registered

US$1K is a bit too much but it's a question of supply and demand.

There's no denying that it's (the CSW) a well designed kit and the only other option would be Fanatec's own similar performing CSR-E (still affected by Fanatec's self-imposed "embargo") or the less feature-packed T500RS. The next step up would be ECCI 7000 and Frex Simwheel, both around $2K-$3K. For those into DIY, there's the ARC_Team mod for the G25/27 for around $290 (and even less for the full DIY option) which gives you a better glimpse (than the stock Logitech) of what a good direct-drive wheel is really capable of. The fact that you can pick a new G27 for around $200, gives it a good value to performance ratio. Of course, if you have the money and the time, servo is the way to go.

18. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I'm going for the CSR-Elite in christmas.I think that the CSR-Elit and the CSW have the same base with differente wheels.
    250euro for only the BMW wheel is a pure craze for me

19. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Yes and no. Yes it is expensive but for what you get and what it does with the joystick and rotary encoder I imagine you or I couldn't build it for less. Maybe you don't need them in which case yes, it is a bit of an expense.

20. coops

coops Banned

cmon adubz; you can brown nose better than that. and bloody wait like il have too PMSL