Favorite type of racing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kknorpp001, Aug 17, 2012.

?

What is your favorite type of racing?

1. GT

62 vote(s)
    58.5%
  2. Touring. Cars

52 vote(s)
    49.1%
  3. Rally / off road

27 vote(s)
    25.5%
  4. Karting and/or everything else b/c all racing is fun

13 vote(s)
    12.3%
  5. F1 but I don't think others are stupid

34 vote(s)
    32.1%
  6. F1 and other types of racing is stupid and a waste of time

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Gt is where its at for me too, would love to see adac mod for rf2. tbh i like all kinds of racing, oval being the least liked, but its still not bad to play in a sim. Saying that i wasnt a fan of historic racing pre 80s or open wheel, but since rf2 came along i love it. I love touring cars too, especially DTM.

2. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

Not useless, it's interesting.
    Poll says that most people like GT but whenever I race online almost all the GT servers are empty. And the only mod that has more like 5 people on one server is Clio.
    I guess Clio is also GT :D

3. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Personally i think the Corvette and any other GT car is needed to really complement the GTR in game we have now. Once the vette is out, the GT's will pick up. I would rather the vette over the GTR anyway. The Clio's were always gonna be popular as they are good for pick up and play, not really a favourite of mine tbh but still alot of fun

4. vittorio

vittorio Registered

I am looking forward to do exactly this in rfactor2 someday. Same cars, same track! (And historic formula too)

(enjoy the sound)

5. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Having just the 1 gt1 spec car dont help, GT is all about having the different manufacturers.

6. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

Multi Class Racing (Le Mans Series).

7. apostlegato

apostlegato Registered

Since its not in the poll Stock Car Racing, Nascar. Not sure how you missed it.

8. jjcook

jjcook Registered

anything of a vintage variety- ow, tin top-whatever- cant do the poll as that is not a voting option

9. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Well, the main purpose of the pole was fulfilled in that there appears to be a great diversity of interests in the rf2 community, much greater than the F1 snobs :D would have you believe. Hopefully ISI isn't fooled into thinking F1 is end all be all. As much as I hate to admit it, I do think the rTrainer and F2 and F3 are pretty good, but that is most likely because they don't resemble or drive like the silly "jet fighters that can't fly" in any way whatsoever. LOL

10. ACSmall

ACSmall Registered

Oh but they can fly for a few yards and there landings are pretty rough though ! I have seen them do that alot .

11. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

+1 !
    SCC and Prototype C were between my top favs!
    My dream come true would be 60s and 70s Le Mans with ALL participants (Steve Mc Qeen included lol).

12. Mauro

Mauro Registered

+1 :)

13. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

I have to admit, I haven't been playing rF2 in a while (Battlefield 3 and FSX are at fault here). At the moment there isn't much variety in the GT sector. This might be the reason why no one's playing them online. GT series' variety is what makes it interesting, imo.
    As soon as there will be BMWs and/or Corvettes or Porsches or even Ford GTs, things should become more interesting in online GT series. I hope at least.

14. ORA-Oldie

ORA-Oldie Registered

Historic Anything!!!!!

Not interested in buzzing around in shopping trolley cars, or forcing my attention and focus to 200% to finish a modern F1 style race. I much prefer something historical that acts like it should, that makes the driver change "their style", that tests you and provides the BIG SMILE I like on my face.

15. Golly

Golly Registered

Yes Oldie definately Historic..love the classics be it F3 or tintops and another for me is offroad racing which goes without saying hehe...

16. Saouke

Saouke Registered

GT and multiclass here.
    If anyone follows ALMs this year you'd know the GT battle usually ends with the top 3 less than 1 second apart across the line, insane racing.

17. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

None of the ones in the poll. Street cars going against each other à la Best MOTORing battles and the occasional Hot Version downhill battle is what it's all about for me.