[REL] [Open Beta v0.3] Classic Cars Mod

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Aug 14, 2012.

1. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

That car panel you talk about sounds a lot like the dashboard?

2. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Yeah, thanks! sometimes I lost my English words :) That's it: the dashboard is all dark grey and black, not readable, that's why I use an extra HUD on top of it.

3. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Hi guys do think this head/camera movement will be fixed in next update?, i have head movement at 0% and yaw set so there is no movement but this still happens.

Thanks. :)

4. cosm1

cosm1 Registered

I think that is the exaggerated yaw, set it to 0

5. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Yes it is already set for no head movement it doesn't happen with any other car. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

6. tjc

tjc Registered

That`s strange bb... I`ve never had that problem with these cars (or any others)

:confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2014
  7. baked bean

baked bean Registered

That is strange T, this is the only car i have it with, may i ask what fov you are using with this car?

8. McFlex

McFlex Registered

I have the same problem. FOV 35 here and all movement values set to zero. Doesn't happen to me in other cars

9. tjc

tjc Registered

Default bb... I then move in a little but not that much.

It`s been a wee while since I turned laps with these babies, I`ll test again and get back to you. :)

10. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I been testing the Mazda again after a fresh install of built 660. Group-c are my prefered cars, so I made several laps at Le Mans, Palm Beach but mostly at Mio Ohio.

I really like how the car get speed and keeps going after reach 300 km/h, I like the way the car brakes (a looooong but realistic brake). The tire's wear feels good, but I know tire's model are still beta. The only concern about tires, it's the low speed grip, because there is no warning when you are near to lose the car.

The other thing to improve I think it's the FFB. There is a lot of effects coming from the track's surface, but there are few coming from the car's reaction, and these effects are too soft compared with the ones from the track.

One thing about the Mazda, is that the windscreen is too dark.

I can't wait to try the other cars after looking at the pre release pictures. One thing I noticed on those pictures of the rear tire's, it's that the tire looks too small compared to the ring.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2014
  11. Ricklandia

Ricklandia Registered

Petros, et al
    Just wanted to chime in to thank you for such wonderful work. Looking forward too seeing releases of the Classic Cars, my personal vote going for the Datsun 240Z [70-72]. In their day they were the "poor man's sports car", today they are the "poor man's collector sports car"! I had one back in the early 80's, today I again have one in my garage [waiting to be restored]. I never tire of the sound of the OHC Straight Six, it's just mesmerizing.

12. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

13. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I'm hosting Sebring right now if anybody is interested.

14. boxer

boxer Registered

Thanks Damian... there is another session open right now... Please join we need more racers :D

15. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Any updates in the works here? Been quite a while since the mod team has said anything
    Thanks

16. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

17. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Very cool man. Lots of good info. Any word from Petros on the Porsche or 787 update?

18. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I wrote yesterday asking the same. I still have to meet a veteran Group-c driver next week to get some extra information from first hand. Anyway I hope they release "something" whatever update.

We all know the low speed grip issue, and hard FFB. But I asked about some details of the Mazda as to get a clean windscreen as an option because the actual is too dark and all tracks look gray and depressing.

The other questions are all about racing situations and how they are going to model tire wear, fuel consumption, time to fill the tank at the pits, if there will be two or more different compound tires, etc etc etc.

Thats why I been searching for information of this kind.

19. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Thanks for the info bro. Good luck collecting data. Cool of you to help them out.

20. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

Believe me, If they release three good modeled and competitive cars, this mod could become THE mod for endurance events. Then fill the track with whatever GT cars you want.

I did thousand of laps with this car at Mid Ohio, Palm Beach, Le Mans and Sebring. I think the Mazda 787b is actually as good as it could be. It need just some small changes as to get some feeling from the FFB before you lost the rear of the car, but I think those cars were so difficult to driver as in the mod. Just add a boost regulator, another type of tires and it's ready to race.

Then, ISI could make a Nissan R90CK and we will touch the heaven with our hands.