"input controller change was detected"

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Ricknau, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

It has happened twice now that I get a notification that "input controller change was detected". As I recall the game sort of locks up or gets real slow. The mouse even misbehaves until I exit the game. This time it happened at Monaco with 60's Brab. Don't recall what track it happened on the first time.

I had been screwing around with vsync, turning it on ingame which didn't work, then went to NV CP to set it there to "adaptive".

This has never ever happened to me until I updated to Build 101. Funny that there is this in the build notes:

"setup FFB "effects driver" only once, and also stopped needlessly re-initialized the controllers"

CSR wheel, win7 x64.

2. paarma

paarma Registered

I had the same problem. To fix the problem I had to to disable USB LEGACY mode in BIOS.
    WARNING: You could have problems accessing BIOS If you disable LEGACY mode in all USB ports.

I had problem accessing the BIOS but fortunately I have USB2 and USB3 ports in my motherboard so I just disabled LEGACY in USB3 ports and connected the keyboard to USB2. Also having PS/2 keyboard will prevent any problems.

3. dxmole

dxmole Registered

I am having the same problem with my TM F430 FFB wheel. The wheel works fine in F2012. I am at a loss what the problem may be. Anyone know how to fix the problem? Thanks in advance...

4. dxmole

dxmole Registered

Any help here? I sure I'm not the only one....

5. dxmole

dxmole Registered

Thanks to rfactor support.

In rfactor2\Userdata\player\controller.ini, change the following option from "1" (default) to "0".

Realtime Controller Detection="0" // whether to check for new controllers while in realtime (0 to disable if it causes any problems)

If the controller is not detected by the game when it first starts up, go to Settings->Controls and press "Detect". Save the profile and you should be good to go.