Internet thread: Share the fun!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John.Persson, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Hot damn!

2. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Same driver in sim and irl @track

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Thank you so much for the kind words; it really means a lot! :)

Lol, yeah I just love the absurdity of the title, the contrast in wanting to receive solace but still wanting to break everything down at the same time.
    Wanting to find some piece while the anger pulls in another direction. Contrast is golden, especially in music, I find.

I'm glad you like "Idiom". It is also one of the songs I'm most proud of. One of the more balanced and well sounding tunes, I find.

I thank you you man, for having taken the time to listen to it. :)

I'm very flattered by the comparisons; not the worst artists to be compared to..! ;)
    I was (and still am to an extent) a big metal fan as well.
    The harshness and cynicism of the lyrics and much of the distorted sounds is a byproduct of that, I suspect.

4. c.pucher

c.pucher Registered

Great thanks, will give it a go over the next few days :)

5. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Possibly one of the best Samurai movies of all times.

You can find this movie in full with English subtitles for free on YouTube. I highly recommend watching it. Brilliant story with excellent swordsmanship.

6. Maug

Maug Registered

Hmm After the Rain, i got the DVD at home, definately one of my favorite chambarra movies with Ran, Kagemusha and the 7 Samurais.

7. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Click Ear'

8. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

God Canadian Television is so bad. It feels like the 70's

9. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

uh-oh

(you don't need to watch this next one if you don't want to but goes into more detail on the first part. I learnt so much about Cholestoral, HDL, LDL, VLDL, Tryglicerides, Lipoproteins, etc.

This is not the only researches saying this from their research but essentially….the saying "you are what you eat" is a really bad slogan. If we take the example of saturated fats, levels saturated fats in your blood do indeed correlate with risk in metabolic syndromes (heart disease, diabetes, etc)…..however, eating saturated fats does not. It does correlate perfectly with the consumption of carbs however and the evidence is extremely compelling.

They've done a ton of research and even a Dr Peter Attia (not in this video) performed it on himself and went from his high carb low fat to high fat low carb diet and went to have his cholesterol, HDL, LDL, VLDL, etc, basically the fat content in his blood tested periodically and found that he was in the "metabolic syndrome" danger zone at the start (like the majority of people are nowadays) and in only a week his stats dropped below the danger zone and in a month he was in the most perfect zone for heavily reduced risk. To add insult to injury, he ate most of his fat from saturated animal sources to take the test to the extreme. He also lost weight without exercise and ate as much as he wanted. The doctor who measured his levels was gob smacked but said he also suspected this might be possible since the theory said it could but never be foolish enough to try it because it would been considered dangerous (going on the notion we've been lead to believe that consuming saturated fats are unhealthy and would lead to a rise in saturated fats in the blood stream).

He doesn't usually calorie count but did so for the 3 month test period and actually found that whilst he was consuming smaller portions (i.e. smaller volume) of net food per day, he was in fact eating significantly more calories (4500 in the fat diet vs 3500 in the carb diet) and found that he lost weight without anymore exercise (but rules out exercise as it was a constant and for a period of one week he couldn't do any and still lost weight) on the 4500 fat diet (which he said was difficult because he usually exercises) vs the 3500 carb diet which he would have to do some 2 hours (at least) of working out in the gym just to stop getting fatter. He had his weight measured by a special device (sorry can't remember the name) that can tell you how much weight is in bone, muscle tissue and fat, etc. The results over the 3 months showed little to no signs of muscle mass reduction but 95% of his weight loss came from fat loss alone. He also had his daily energy expenditure tested to see how much daily energy was going where, the only significant change was from his resting/daily metabolism that had DOUBLED compared to when he was on the carb diet. The daily basal metabolic rate is what takes the majority of the daily calories…..going high fat low carb diet literally made bis body double his metabolism and as a result from being high fat intake and no/low carbs (i.e. ketogenic) the extra calories required came from his fat cells.

It's all very very interesting and so far correlates with how i lost 5.5kg now in 8 days.

and here is Dr Peter Attia:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2014
  10. Christian Rosén

Christian Rosén Registered

Just FYI DrR1pper, I have been eating LCHF for 6 years and felt good and also lost weight. LCHF is better than the standard diet since you don't eat processed food, but thats about it. I become a vegan instead last year and could remove 9 of my 10 medicines I took for severe asthma, allergies and migraine! The only thing I couldn't get rid of completely was my asthma so I kept an inhaler. Then I went to rawfood vegan diet, and now 0 medicines is needed! I eat only raw organic fruits for breakfast and lunch and then in the evening I eat raw organic vegetables, how I feel nowadays are in a different league, and I feel better for every month!

Read for an introduction 80/10/10 Diet by Douglas N. Graham and for deeper understanding; Self Healing Colitis and Crohn's by David Klein or The China Study for example.

Or at least watch some Documentaries like; "Forks over Knives" and "Fat Sick and Nearly Dead".

11. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

^ sweet! :D

May i ask, before you went vegan, what were the carbs you were eating in the LCHF non vegan diet? Or were they the same when you went vegan?

I'm interested because whilst ruling out all meats (and eggs and dairy i guess too if you're vegan), you've been able to remove that final problem of the asthma. But the problem could have been ruled out entirely by removing that just that one (or few) thing in your non vegan LCHF diet.

Hope you don't mind me asking.

12. Christian Rosén

Christian Rosén Registered

I kept the carbs under 5% to keep my body in ketosis.

13. Magus

Magus Registered

How to park a go kart...

14. baked bean

baked bean Registered

15. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

A glider on the ground. Cool.

16. Jamie Shorting

17. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

18. Golanv

Golanv Registered

You should have linked the full size pic, and say "click for full size." :p

19. Jamie Shorting

T5 exit is just awesome.

Pikes Peak is just awesome!!

20. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Can't wait for ISI to make the distant sounds be like this. That will be sooo awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.