Race Weekend Simulation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WheelNut, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WheelNut

WheelNut Banned

My question is rfactor2 going to simulate a whole race weekend
    at the minute i only see 1 practice 1 qualifying and 1 race session and every time my car leaves the garage in any of these sessions its got brand new tyres on it
    will there be a limited amount of tyres available to a driver over a race weekend
    will i be able to drive out the garage with used tyres
    will i be able to choose which tyre set i use at any given session
    will there be more than 1 practice/qualy/race session
    will there be a rule where you must use soft/hard tyre compounds in race
    and the list goes on and on if you want to simulate a race weekend and not just a lap

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2012
  2. Grubby

Grubby Registered

3. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

You can now have more than one session, you can even split qualifying now, say 8AI and you go first then another 9 AI seperatley, in your PLR search for the following:

Run Practice1="1"
    Run Practice2="0"
    Run Practice3="0"
    Run Practice4="0"
    GPRIX Num Qual Sessions="0" // range: 0-4
    MULTI Num Qual Sessions="0"
    Run Warmup="0"
    GPRIX Num Race Sessions=""0 // range: 1-4
    MULTI Num Race Sessions="1"

Change the Bold ones for offline qualifying and race (Practice above is self explanatory), currently weather is same for each session but I have requested in the Wish List forum the ability to have different weather for different sessions.

5. Alesi

Alesi Registered

i think should be some window in garage with the scale to see how many tires and compounds left and scale window to this tires to see how much each tire already used

6. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

Multiple qualifying sessions also needs the possibility of only certain classes running in each one.

7. WheelNut

WheelNut Banned

in my opinion Rfactor2 Fails as a simulator i want to be able to simulate modern day motorsports not a race from 1960 and i can't do that with ractor2 sure it simulates the cars and the tracks but thats it
    i hate to say this but codemasters f1 is more a simulator than rfactor2 as it's simulating the whole experience of a f1 race weekend no matter how bad its simulated
    regulation and rules and just being able to drive out the pits with used tyres is what makes the whole racing experience
    what is rfactor2 simulating

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2012
  8. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

+1, and it has these cute reporters asking you how do you feel now that you are a big shot and that ugly manager? getting on your nerves, taking you ages to get on the track, etc etc etc

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

well then RF2 just is'nt for you then is it!?! come back after Gold to see whats new, until then enjoy codemasters F1.

10. Andy Miller

Andy Miller Registered

That would be because rFactor2 is not a F1 simulator...its a racing simulator for a wide variety of cars not just F1.

11. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

tyre management SHOULD BE included into "race weekend" - otherwise it is a "trackday" with unlimited resources
    btw. is the engine suffering from extensive driving during weekend in rF2?

12. WheelNut

WheelNut Banned

its an example of how a badly simulated game is more a simulator as it simulates something other than car and track
    i haven't heard from anyone at isi answering the questions above so i'm assuming it will be no different upon release a car and track simulator that simulates a lap maybe a race from 1960
    it can't simulate modern day racing because of rules and regulation a big part of real life racing as we no it today
    its a racing simulator for a wide variety of cars not just f1 lol
    it can't simulate f1racing nor any other motorsports you and i might follow
    come on name one popular motorsport rfactor2 can fully simulate

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2012
  13. WheelNut

WheelNut Banned

+1
    engine is more than likely brand new just like the tyres every time you leave the garage

14. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

I hope you guys that want a race weekend/season simulated down to the nth degree of detail get what you want. I also hope there is an off switch for these features to let a casual sim driver just jump in a car and have some fun. Let me (or the league officials) pick the amount of rubber on the track. Give me a new car and tires everytime I destroy the old ones.

Honestly, it is a lot of fun to race in a league but if it gets too complicated, as real life is, I think it will drive away a lot of players who just want to practice for a hour or two and drop onto the grid. So yeah, for me if it just simulates the car and track that will be fine with me. At least keep that as an option.

15. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Exactly.

16. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

May I add that rF2 is in BETA right now? sheesh, Do you really, REALLY think ISI is aiming for the most complete and realistic driving simulation that's currently possible, without providing features like tire limits and other rules like engine wear? Come on, don't make me laugh

Indeed, go play CM F1 if rF2 beta isn't as complete as you'd like to..

17. WheelNut

WheelNut Banned

lol
    you said it yourself mate DRIVING SIMULATOR
    until someone from isi answers the question then you have to assume its not going to have these features strange they answered my question about real road but no answer here
    this tells me they don't have any intention to implement these features

18. blakboks

blakboks Registered

The reason that Codemasters F1 can do such a thing, is because they're limiting themselves to doing F1 and only F1--which has very specific rules. Like it's been said, rF2 isn't limiting itself in that way. The issue with creating rules such as that is that each series has its own specific rules, and it would be quite an undertaking to actually implement all of those rules (and, more difficultly, their repercussions) for each series. Since they're still VERY much working on the CORE of rF2, and not even yet fully implementing some of the key selling points that are exclusive to their product (i.e. RealRoad, weather, etc.), I doubt very much that we'll see this done anytime soon, and likely not before Gold, if at all.

Plus, I believe, being able to edit the rules is a major selling point to licensing the ISImotor Engine--otherwise, companies like Simbin and Reiza would've just made mods for 'free'.

19. WheelNut

WheelNut Banned

please just add these features otherwise to me its no different to rfactor when it comes to racing
    i stopped racing in leagues and even playing rfactor because its always the same week in week out track after track strategy wise setup wise give and take
    just being made to manage the tyres and engine wear over a weekend being made to use soft and hard compounds during a race adds a change in strategies/setups and the way you practice qualify and race
    each series needs its own set of rules and regulation a part of the operation of the real world racing process otherwise everyone of our favorite real world racing series can't be imitated there for can't be simulated
    will these things be apart of rfactor2 when it goes gold
    feel free to answer Tim

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2012
  20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I'm pretty sure all the things you want are in the wish list forum but why don't you do a new thread in they're staying exactly what you would like, it's obvious you want a lot more than what we have currently and will get for a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.