Server Connection Failed

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Anthony Denine, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Anthony Denine

Anthony Denine Registered

getting alot of Server Connection Failed errors, specially wit server with 10+ people in them, this is only happining after i installed the v101 update. the error appears sometimes instantly, and the game seems to stop responding, and sometimes it, take 10 seconds and the game is fine.

2. Jimi Hughes

Jimi Hughes Registered

I have also noticed this since v101. Not offering a solution or advice, but you are not alone!

3. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

Did you update to 101 or did a fresh reinstall? If you didn't, try to do a fresh install, people say it solved a lot of various issues maybe it will solve your issue too.

4. Jimi Hughes

Jimi Hughes Registered

I just updated from 90 to 101.Will try a fresh install at some point this week to see how that goes, however I'm currently without my wheel as I'm waiting for a warranty replacement G27 from logitech, so will be a few weeks before I know if this helps consistency.

5. Legion78

Legion78 Registered

I did a fresh install recently updated all mods - now all I get is connection lost after a few minutes, this is usually preceded by "syncronising" and happens on all mods & all servers I try....
    simply can't play on line at the moment

6. Cleverleyson

Cleverleyson Registered

Yeah this problem has been reported (in the Italian section) and they are working on a fix, But testing is happening. I've found that the synchronising problem happens when a server becomes crowded or at a start of a race.

this is the first time ive seen it reported in the english section.

7. Kevin Cordice

Kevin Cordice Registered

Hi all,

I have gotten the game yesterday and today was my first time trying to play it online, when I do load up the online feature they are no server's listed, is this common for persons living in the Caribbean Barbados to be persist. Not sure if I did something wrong.

8. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

No, by default there should be plenty of servers (around 100) in the list.
    You can check the server list here: http://rfactor.net/rf2mm.php
    Maybe you had bad luck and the matchmaker was down when you tried.

9. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

I can verify there is some testing going on. Cant explain but trust me. Its being worked on. I want it fixed also. :D

10. Cleverleyson

Cleverleyson Registered

"For all,try to set higher values in mulitplayer.ini

the file path to be the following
    documents / rfactor 2/userdata/player
    search for the file Multiplayer.ini
    and correct and as written below.

Net Connection Type="4" // 0=28k, 1=56k, 2=ISDN, 3=128kbps cable/dsl 4=256kbps cable/dsl, 5=LAN, 6=custom
    Upstream Rated KBPS="256" // Rated uploading speed of connection, in kilobits per second
    Downstream Rated KBPS="256" // Rated downloading speed of connection, in kilobits per second
    i think the default was 1 / 56k after i changed to 4 /256k - i had no lags after that change but raced only twice so not sure if thats the case
    "

this was posted to me from a another forum ( http://www.internationalsimracing.com/forum/ )

I'm going to make the changes and see if it helps.

shoutout to "~IsR~Barabba" for the info

it would explain why it happens at the start of races (where you can see everyone loads of network traffic) or the server gets overloaded by people. Try it and give feel back

I've gone for

Net Connection Type="6" // 0=28k, 1=56k, 2=ISDN, 3=128kbps cable/dsl 4=256kbps cable/dsl, 5=LAN, 6=custom
    Upstream Rated KBPS="60" // Rated uploading speed of connection, in kilobits per second
    Downstream Rated KBPS="400" // Rated downloading speed of connection, in kilobits per second

and set the download and upload rates to my connection and should be the same as how much you're able to download and upload, say in firefox.

i'll let you know..

11. Cleverleyson

Cleverleyson Registered

12. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Guys for what its worth, one of our members had the same issue and after trying loads of stuff a simple router-reset fixed his problem.

Could be a fix just for him, or for more people. Hope it helps