Tim's Tweets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buddhatree, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

If you don't want rF2 news then don't follow the forums. If you're disappointed with the game play another. There are so many racing sims right now you should be able to find one you like.

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Amusing notion... imagine the public outcry if Tim stopped posting updates and news about rF2. :D

On the other hand, there's also public outcry when he does post news. Hmm... how does one win that particular battle I wonder? :D

3. coops

coops Banned

^^ So true hex that's why i don't bother to worry about updates just wait till they released. Like hearing about the content he secures for the future that's always worth the read.

4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I don't understand.. are people just sitting around waiting for new stuff instead of enjoying what they already have? :D

And when the new stuff is released do people then instantly sit down and wait for even newer stuff to be released? Does anyone actually play the damn sim?? :D

5. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Yes, Yes, No :)

6. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Okay, that's what I suspected. I'm doing it wrong then. :D

7. gneffio

gneffio Registered

We want mooooooooaaaaaaaar! Gimme gimme gimme!
    Throw it throw it throw it!
    Gimme moar gimme moar!
    Throw it again!

Cry me a river :)

Inviato dal mio A0001 utilizzando Tapatalk

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I would need a lot a spare time to grow tired of the +700 possible combos we have right now. That's official content.. I'm not even counting all the third party stuff.

I would probably need more than a lifetime to ever be in NEED of new stuff. I'm not saying I don't like getting new content.. but come on now. Who actually NEEDS it? :D

9. Minibull

Minibull Member

Now then, I'm all up for mix and match...but karts at Silverstone? Fo real? lol XD

I tend to agree, I always find something interesting to try out when I've got time. Classic F1/2/3 is always a hoot no matter the track IMO
    If a big arse V10 F1 car gets made, ima be set for yonks. Something about it I just love haha

10. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Do you know that there was racing in 70`s, 80`s, 90`s and 2000`s and that there also was different car marks in same series? :)

11. Minibull

Minibull Member

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Like I said, I'm not opposing new content lol. I'm excited at the prospect of new stuff, just as much as the next man. I'm just saying that begging for new stuff instead of diving deep down into everything we already have seems quite silly to me. :D

13. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

Some of us are waiting on content that does not exist in any shape, form or fashion... Content that is the basis of some of the best selling and most popular online racing in sim history. So yeah... Not going to be content with this content forever. It's ready to go, we're ready to go and so let's get on with it... I got a bunch in my league waiting to renew until they see it. So there are quite a few of us waiting with bated breath.

14. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Well we have 39 cars and 20 tracks from ISI. I think it is better to update old content first. DW12 Weight jacker and push to pass boost are missing. Most of the cars don`t have new contact patch. Some old track needs to be updated too.

It is hard to figure out priorities to ISI. I think also it is better to wait and see.

15. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Easy. Unskilled drivers. The only exception are those who are looking for something specific but simply "more" won't necessarily give them what they want sooooooo...yeah...unskilled drivers.

16. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Bold statement from the guy who races only AI`s and it is not first time :rolleyes:

17. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

We are all owners of the truth, aren't these outlandish behavior statements just wonderful? My favorite cars are the DW12 and F-Renault 2014. Out of the tracks available, Silverstone, Indianapolis, Mountain Peak, Atlanta (quite tight), São Paulo, Estoril and Malaysia are fitting for racing. For historics, I only really am fine with the Brabham (fan of the old Eagle, Lotus and Ferrari) and for that we have Brianza, Belgium, Monaco, Lime Rock and Tiger Moth that are fitting. With third party tracks depending on the car, the line-up may not be improved or may have two to four courses added if you're lucky (counting only the proper and higher quality content). Of the base content the majority would welcome a graphical update and in some cases more core work.

Anyway. Until rFactor (1) came along and until shortly after we were quite accustomed to a game centered around a complete package. One series or a couple of series, their tracks and that's it (plus ability to mod). Then we began being introduced to pieced content with iRacing and nowadays we have a mix. I still prefer having my desirable full series, others prefer spec racing or one-make car, and others are fine having one car from a place, another from a different one, and a scattered selection of tracks. It is sometimes unnerving seeing dismissive or rude posts about people's preferences (such as the PSR above).

18. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Or the RD shifter kart. :D

19. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Normally I say what I have to say and just ignore nonsense replies but since Gui is saying exactly what I am saying and then saying that what I said is disturbing I figured it's a language issue. People who simply want MORE of ANYTHING are unskilled drivers who spend 20 minutes with a combo and then want another.

20. Woodee

Woodee Registered

omg! :D