Tim's Tweets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buddhatree, Aug 9, 2012.

1. FatCity

FatCity Registered

I sort get a feeling after reading the interview that Simfunding and Mak Corp are somehow very closely related.
    Can someone tell me how ISI became a client of Mak Corp.

2. bwana

bwana Registered

Good question , whos a client of whom?

3. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I find it comical that he says you have to build a package every time you want to test. That is completely false. Making statements like that almost makes it look like he's never even worked with rF2 before. Misinformation like this gets spammed all over the place. It came from Mak Corp so it must be true. Do people really not know what DevMode is? Does DevMode need a new shinny webpage to make it stand out more? Is it being overlooked on the Dev Corner page or something? There is no way Mak Corp is doing all their work in rF2 in retail mode. Anyways, this is a topic for another thread.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

no, he's right:
    "... and then the necessity to always package things when you want to test changes in single player."

Sure in ModDev you don't need to but in SP you do :)

5. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

But these days there is no need to test in SP until you want to release. There is no diff between DevMode and SP anymore. In DevMode it's much easier to test different times of the day and stuff like that too. Why bother putting it in SP until you're ready for release? There are so many advantages to DevMode over SP. For example you can change the physics files, save your change and then test it in DevMode without even reloading the sim or even exiting the track. How anyone would ever want to go back to the rF1 days of editing files and then reloading the game to test the changes is beyond me. Anyways, lets just say you really do want to test in SP mode. Repacking a component can be fully automated as I demonstrate in this video. All I launch rF2 to show the tank size. Then I edit the tank size in the HDV. Then I run my script to package up the change and then it launches the game and I show that the tank size has changed. Then I revert my HDV file back (using SVN) to the last one and then repack and launch the game again.:

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Maybe he doesn't know that and that's why he stated it? Maybe ne needs to be told ;)

7. klaasvh

klaasvh Registered

It makes sense if you want to test online. While working on the Megane mod we did a lot of "testing" that way. In fact, we tested a lot against eachother, and I usually won :eek:

8. freew67

freew67 Registered

CEO? Are there stock options?

Traind- probably should have just started a new thread.

9. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Same here for physics mainly.

10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

BT20 using the same new steeringh system as the F2000. I sure hope the steering doesn't feel like it is stuck in molasses like the Skippy. The steering on the current BT20 is pretty lively and great feedback. The Skippy is a step in the wrong direction (at least for Fanatec).

11. matf1

matf1 Registered

I get that feeling when my sensitivity does not match the cars steering wheel range Marc. I'm sure you've got it right, but just saying.
    Using a GT2.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

12. yusupov

yusupov Registered

anyone else have an issue w/ the skippy where both 1.46 & 1.54 show up, but if i click 1.54 when i go back its reverted to the 1.46 version? further complicating this, theres no longer any 1.46 for me to uninstall from the mod manager or the packages folder. not sure if its bc i manually deleted it or what, but i have no idea if i even know what the new steering system is.

13. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

You can delete the .rfcmp any way you want but unless you uninstall it, it'll always be there. Go through Mod Manager and find 1.46 to uninstall (delete will be greyed out).

14. yusupov

yusupov Registered

yeah i looked & i swear its not there. which i know makes no sense, obviously its installed or at least the game thinks it is...its ISI_etc right?? i mean i looked up & down & its just not in the mod manager.

15. matf1

matf1 Registered

Reinstall then uninstall.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

16. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

DW12 initial 3D model.

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Nope--does not feel like molasses near centre like the Skippy. The new Brabham feels great. Hope a revised Skippy follows the pattern of the Brabham.

18. FatCity

FatCity Registered

Being ignorant as I am to the Super GT 500s and the DTMs, will the Nissan be compatible with the URD DTMs, will they make good competition or will one be way too fast for the other without modification?

19. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

It should be faster... The Nissan in question here, the (old) GT 500 series was the fastest touring car series on earth. Faster than DTM. Today though, the regulations of Super GT is essentially DTM regulations. They made a kind of merge. I guess for going head to head at some point in some touring car class of continents maybe :)

Quick look up at 2014 P2 Qualifying times at Fuji - 1.32.9 vs 2013 Super GT race 1.32.5 for the fastest Nissan GTR SGT 500 car. So it is actually faster than a Le Mans prototype.

The old Super GT regs were less restrictive.

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I had to google what the hell molasses was! Anyway the Skippy was updated end of Jan....it is "revised" already, maybe it's an issue with your wheel? settings perhaps? rhetorical question.