Tim's Tweets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buddhatree, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It works ok for MotoGP but I just detest the corner angles and short straight, zig-zag mentality of his designs. It's more about rhythm than coming up when faster, drafting, and outbraking someone into a corner with a proper "open" angle and no crazy radius

2. sg333

sg333 Registered

I'm never one to shy away from a controversial opinion; I REALLY hope its not Aragon. It's a dull, lifeless track.

3. TTupsi

TTupsi Registered

Well, I for one do hope it's Aragon because the only other realistic candidate is Moscow Raceway. And Aragon > Moscow ;)

TILKE DESIGN, LESS KNOWN:

Actual racetracks:
    La Ciudad del Motor de Aragón
    Moscow Raceway
    Motorsportspark Beto Carrero (under construction)
    Rudskogen Motorpark

Conceptual designs:
    Circuito les Coves
    El Espacio Del Motor
    Kazakhstan Motorcity

4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Nothing controversial about that opinion. You don't like it, others including myself do. There's that. :)

5. Daytona 675

Daytona 675 Registered

Motorland isn't a dull or a lifeless track, is the best track can be walked around the Spanish territory.
    Here we have a bunch of circuits and Motorland not be put in the group for boring or lifeless. It is technical, fast and secure. On TV the gap that saves the track is not appreciated, and is one of the things that give life to the track (imagine Bathurst flat, sure lifeless).
    And the blind zones are a good challenge when going fast.
    Moto GP layout is different to that used in the WSR and SBK.
    Along with Jarama the best layouts of Spain, but built on two different times.

[​IMG]

My avatar photo was taken there, during a track-day with my "little baby".
    Regards.

6. bwana

bwana Registered

Have you guys driven the rf1 version?? would make an awesome track for rf2. a couple of great out braking spots start straight and long back straight and a couple of corners where outside overtaking is possible. If you havnt install rf1 again and give it a go

7. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

That track still suffers from the angled corners and direction variation that achieve nothing. Tilke's tracks don't have much of a flow like tracks we were used to seeing up to very early 2000 (and in F1 until mid 90s), for faster cars it keeps them from being able to overtake and provide perhaps one spot in the whole circuit (and usually a bad 90º corner, not something tighter or a long flowing one like T1 at old Estoril).

8. baked bean

baked bean Registered

O.T sry, but was just browsing the servers and noticed on ISI test server Jacksonville speed way and stock cars being tested :D

9. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

That's a good sign. I figured it would take months for them to build the stock cars, even a year or more. Hopefully this means they got some good solid data and have a lot done already.

I'm curious about that Jacksonville speedway though. I would first assume that this is their version of Daytona, but I honestly hope not. Such a boring track! I was hoping the Charlotte track would be built with the Gen6...I guess they could be calling that one Jacksonville, but it fits Daytona much better.

10. TJones

TJones Registered

Tim 3 hours ago:
    More data rec'd for GT cars since the GM cars were updated last, going to update all four current GT cars (GM and Nissan) soon.

30 mins ago:
    If anyone wants to check my wording on the GT-R GT1 profile page... http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/cars/nissan-gt-r-gt1/ … Screenshots are coming.

11. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

F Yeah!! :D

Tim mentioned ISI got some GT tire information a while back, so maybe this is included in the update.

12. TJones

TJones Registered

Yes, can remember the post. That and chassis flexing, im really curious!

I found the handling of the GT-R always almost perfect, hard to imagine there is still room for improvement.

Hope the Nissan 370z profits from chassis flex.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2014
  13. Jamie Shorting

Indeed! The GT-R is one of my favourite cars. :)

14. Hazi

Hazi Registered

@ Tim
    If the 370 gets updated please check that the hood is visible from cockpitview - you see right the motor and no hood in current version. Was mentioned allready. And maybe we get an alternate windshield without inside reflections. TiA

15. Miro

Miro Registered

Please also check those small annoying little bugs on the skin of the Vette before the update.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. peterchen

peterchen Registered

And please adjust the AI-strength when updating!

17. Jamie Shorting

Tim Wheatley ‏@timwheatley1979 5h
    Don't expect me much on forums for a while guys. Just will react to post reports. Gjon is on vacation and I literally don't have the time.

18. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

You shouldn't even be able to see the hood from the cockpit, geez how high do you set your cam :p (just buggin ya)

19. TJones

TJones Registered

Tim 16h ago:
    "We got data and a good contact for more for the Indy car. We should be able to tidy that beauty up now. :) guys are busy, but soon(tm)"

20. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

YES! That annoucement came a lot sooner than I expected. Cool!

Sendt fra min LG-E400 med Tapatalk2