Tim's Tweets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buddhatree, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I realised I actually have Indianapolis in the Iracing software , think I purchased it when it first came out to do an event that when it came to it I didn't do due to lack of decent practice ( due to lack of time )

earlier I did a bit of private practice with the skip earlier on the road course which incorporates a part of the oval (in Iracing ) it's actually a really nice lay out & a good choice of track for ISI to release it in rf2, the track surface dosn't have any where near as much character as Charlotte (again comparing the Iracing version which I think it is a decent judgement due to being laser scanned) so should be simpler for ISI to do a very close to real version.

would love ISI to release the Charlotte (with road course) but with time spent on the surface ( for first release ) it would be a great addition along with Indianapolis ( Charlotte has a lot of surface curves / bumps / cambers ...character )

these type of tracks have a lot of uses, infield only, road course (incorporates oval & infield ) & oval
    something suitable for most types of sim-cars & a good addition to rf2

with an update of older tracks, the release of Indianapolis , maybe another track or two, rfactor 2 will start to have a nice batch of quality tracks

2. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

I can't find the surprise.
    I see vegetation, spectators, and fences (with black box on it and under, full of little tricks in a spiral shape... maybe it's an electrified fence :p)

Hoooo... wait ! Lot of vegetation, lot of people behind great electrified fences... it's a jurassic park, the surprise is a T-Rex or some velociraptors, right ?

3. ErnieDaOage

ErnieDaOage Registered

Could someone please be so kind and open a thread like this one for the track team and the car person/team? Would be great to get all the news in one place instead of searching and looking through 20 diffrent social media crapsites? Thanx alot in advance.

4. Balles

Balles Registered

What about a Tim Wheatley's blog where he could post every news, teasers and all where we could comment on. It would be more suitable for this kind communication.

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Tim posted a race he did from the Neva Ring.
    [video]http://t.co/cXNtUhjNBi[/video]

6. Minibull

Minibull Member

That voice over, man...smooth as...like a chilled out late night DJ..."Welcome back to the late night Jazz hour, with me, Tim Wheatley here on 88.1..."

XD

7. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Voice is much deeper than I imagined. Kind of like Barry White with an English accent. It's strange how people have assumptions of people they've never met.

8. Minibull

Minibull Member

"Taking you through the night till the early hours of the morning..."

Just finished watching the vid. Tim, do some audiobooks XD

9. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

I guess it makes sense, Tim would have to be a smooth talker negotiating all those licenses

10. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Those videos are so awesome with the new voice overs and the head-cam.
    Also it's sweet to hear the guy finally.
    Pretty cool mix of the British accent mixed with a bit of Americaaa haha. Cool stuff. :cool:

But don't be so hard on yourself during the races, Tim!
    Anyway, I'm rooting for you at the next round. :)

11. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

This is not fair comparison, iRacing you must pay for everything and if you ask from me it is not worth all that money.

12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

if ISI started selling laser scanned tracks I'd pay for them (if they were around the same cost as Iracing )

I'm not saying the ISI (recent ones) are not good
    (I assume silverstone is better now since it's update , the first release that had no life in the surface at all put me off a tad & I've not tried it since)

the track surface/slight cambers and incline/decline & bumps
    even to the point they are not really noticeable visually
    (you notice when your driving the sim car right on the edge etc) to me are the most important elements of a sim track,
    not how nice the trees look and the other things a lot of people seem to babble on about all the time

13. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

iRacing tracks costs from 15-25$. I don`t think many here like to pay prices like that and remember that iRacing has over 45000 members, rFactor2 has 5154 forum members.

14. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Registered

Actually, iRacing has 45K account registered since they launched. It says absolutely nothing about current activity. Nor does ISI's forum counter say anything about the amount of people racing rFactor (2).

15. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Or you could just open this one yourself instead of people posting the news for you? https://twitter.com/ISITrackTeam

Common misconception is that you need a Twitter account to look at Twitter.... no, you don't.

Even load this into an RSS reader? http://www.queryfeed.net/twitter?q=from:isitrackteam&geocode=

You get out of twitter what you put in. You can lie in all the signup boxes if you like, keep the profile private and only ever read and not tweet.... it's up to you!

Or... you could get others to rally around and collect this information JUST FOR YOU.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2014
  16. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Who is talking about amount of people racing rFactor2?
    If you look on the top of the page community / member list you find out that there is 5154 members.

17. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Registered

I thought that was what your argument was about, but never mind, I'll not interfere. ;)

18. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It's just not cost effective to scan, without a subscription model and a large user base, in our small genre, to sell DLC as well. It's easy to forget how much debt there was for them (that they stated publicly). One of the things I love about ISI is the way the company is contained by Gjon. No debt (no loans, nothing), ever.

19. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

+1
    Me too :D

20. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I've had a sinus infection for about two weeks, my voice (at least internally) still doesn't sound normal to me.