Tim's Tweets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buddhatree, Aug 9, 2012.

1. coops

coops Banned

hey Dave is that the way to keep quiet shove ur mouth with food LOL

2. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Some of you crack me up. Were you never taught to mind your own business? Speaking of drama, how much drama would be avoided if people quit interfering and judging others posts and speaking for others?

3. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Well, when I look tv program listings, there is mostly drama and talk, maybe that tells something about majority of people?

Haven't had tv for years anymore, I dislike drama...

4. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

I haven't watched TV for almost 6 years now. The only TV show I ever watch is either racing or Breaking Bad. That's it. I know, quality programing, right?

5. lbird

lbird Registered

Dave, you made my day again. That was exactly whta i was thinking - bring out the popcorn. Sometimes people react like they are in first grade and somebody took their sweets....

6. jtbo

jtbo Registered

First day of first class in school I got one sweet, however person that gave it to me pulled my pants down, of course it did happen at yard where everybody could see it.

Then I had to stay after to school because teachers claimed that I pulled my pants down myself.

Oh they joys of our world's best schooling system.

Maybe people have too easy life so they are being so silly at teh internetz then?

7. tjc

tjc Registered

10 outa 10 for the ZZ Top beard there Dave...

:cool:

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I see, it was your opinion. And you meant no offense... That's actually exactly what I thought it was, too. You seem to think I didn't realise that. You also seem to think that when I posted, it wasn't exactly the same thing, an opinion, and something which meant no offense. Am I not allowed to reply to something written?

When someone states what they would personally do, it doesn't stop people replying. You've just clarified that it is your opinion by saying "personally". I replied with my post, which is, amazingly, my opinion. That's all. If you thought that putting "personally" would stop response, then you clearly are not aware that I communicate (this thread title alone should be evidence that I do), and are not aware you are in a discussion forum with a reply box at the bottom.

I was not rude, I was not carrying any tone whatsoever in my post, and I simply replied to yours. If you want to join MaXyM in reading every post with negativity, please feel free, although I must point out you will continue to misread and misrepresent yourself to this community when you do so.

This is a discussion forum. Everything you post here can get replied to. Whether it is your personal opinion, something you have reposted from someone else, or anything. There is a reply box at the bottom, and people are going to use it. If you intend to have personal opinions not be replied to, don't post them on a forum.

I communicate (again, what is this thread? It is my communication). I laid awake last night for an hour thinking about the fact that I communicate (the last three weeks being unable to a lot of the time), and thinking whether I should stop. It is responses like yours which are upsetting to read, and annoying to deal with, that test me. The fact that you believe you should be able to post your "personal" opinion and not get any response is definately your issue, not mine, but when you you respond to me like you did, you make it mine, and you actually make it an issue for every single person who does want to hear my communication and opinion. Do you honestly want me to not discuss things, not reply to posts, and not give the information I do (outside the last 3 weeks)? Because I don't have to do this, and on nights like last night, and days like today, I don't want to do it.

So that you do not misrepresent this reply like the last one, this post carries a tone of a little bit (not a great amount) of annoyance, with a greater amount of confusion and upset over your response, which seems to say I didn't have a right to respond to your opinion, with my own.

9. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

I can't wait for Tim's Tweet to say "Build 110 is ready for Download" lol Wishing.

10. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Tim, I never said I thought your reply was rude and I never said you couldn't reply, I'm happy to see it and to respond to it as well. You seem to be saying things that I never did.

Your reply was bold, at least the part about the competition, and so was mine but those are both opinions. You do seem to skip over the fact that you said I "asked" ISI to do anything. I never did and my reply was a bit annoyed because you stated very clearly that I did. That is what I referred to as out of line but you ignored that fact in your reply above. Which is odd because that was the issue I had with your response.

If someone shares an opinion and you reply back saying, "you are asking this and this" I think that is poor comprehension and communication will suffer. You can't pass that off as sharing your opinion, at least not that part of it.

I'm not here to piss you off or piss off other members, I'm really not. I like the game, I have fun with it when time permits. I don't want to be the cause of you being up at night man cause that is not healthy and I truly mean that. Given the situation, that I take part responsibility for, I think the stand-up thing for me to do here is to remove myself from the forum.

I'll still be looking forward to the builds and playing the game, especially the F2, so please keep the good stuff coming.

11. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Good to see the internet effect in full swing here...hard to find a thread sometimes where at least two people are not having a classic misunderstanding. Opinions are like rectums, everyone has one and we don't always like seeing them. So kiss and make up boys, certainly nothing to lose sleep over, or reason to leave the forum.

This is of course only my opinion ;)

1 person likes this.
  12. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

'Personally, I would do it this way' is, as you say,an opinion. It also a criticism. You are saying you think you have a better way. You are not 'asking ISI to do this and this' , you are asking them why they are not.

They answered.

However , this only an opinion :)

13. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

This. Although, it's over. Moved on.

14. Panigale

Panigale Banned

OK, I thought I was doing the right thing but you come back and put this little "this" into it instead of replying directly to my post if you felt that was needed.

Just because someone shares comprehension issues with you doesn't make it correct.

The fact that you are happy to reply with quoting any memeber that will agree with anything you say (which I'm sure there are plenty) explains why you lay in bed at night over such minor things as forum posts. Testing me man, can't handle this, what am I to do, give me a break.

Explains why you encourage a forum full of ISI is perfect members vs anyone who has other opinions. Sadly ISI lets you do this. Enjoy it.

15. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

mm Beer is good mixed with a little racing and some popcorn lol Guys chill both of you made your points and I think your both wrong IMO lol

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

no they dont, I've had many an argument with Tim over certain things RF2/ISI...and I usually win :p

17. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

:D A classic, with many variations... I like opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one and they all stink except mine!

18. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

LOL I adapted it to be forum friendly and relevant to the situation...Meanwhile back to the popcorn.

19. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

I'm just trying to deflect the subject away from where it's been for a page or two! ;) None of which relates to Tim's posts. Of course he doesn't post that often. Anybody got another variation?

20. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

[​IMG]