Can't login to Online Race...

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by RussD, Aug 8, 2012.

1. RussD

RussD Registered

Rebuilt PC, reinstalled RF2, logged in, reactivated, and checked for update, all seemed to work ok. But when I try to login to Online Race I keep getting:

"Login attempt resulted in unknown server response. Login attempt was not successful."

Is username/pass same as my single player login (that has been successfully verified)?

Thanks!

2. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

In the upper field write the mail-address used for your rF2 purchase (not the username), in the lower field the same PWD used for the offline login. :)

3. RussD

RussD Registered

Hmmm, well, that is exactly what I have been doing. It is not working. What next?

4. RussD

RussD Registered

"rFactor2 Content Inventory @ Aug 08 2012 10:13:42 AM
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

All mods and components verified."

5. RussD

RussD Registered

If I log in with email and password for account I get:

"Login attempt resulted in unknown server response. Login attempt was not successful."

If I log in with email and bad password for account I get:

"No account exists with these credentials."

I think it knows me?

PS. I think I bought this back in January maybe? When it first came out. Haven't been playing much so I can't tell you when the problem started.

6. RussD

RussD Registered

Hello?

7. RussD

RussD Registered

So, turns out I was still running .49 when the current build is 101...

Unfortunately your update program did not find the update so I had to go find/install it.

Support responses limited to one per day?

8. Radar

Radar Registered

I'm guessing you're new to the forums and rF2 beta testing ?? So I welcome you..

That update feature hasn't worked for the last few updates as they had a minor bug that's still being worked on.. Plus, if you saw this thread then you would have seen the latest update http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/6984-rFactor2-Build-101-Released

Also here where you will find rF2 updates, ISI track and car updates.. http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/1396-Downloads

The last link is a Sticky, third down and called 'Downloads' and basically tells you right at the top from Tim "Please click here to read more information, and for instructions on how to install and manually update this software."

Sorry if this post seems like I'm having a go at you but an ISI staff member has offered help and then you expect a reply straight away.. have you thought that maybe different times zones means that maybe people are asleep and won't reply till the next day ??

Glad your frustration helped you to find the information you required even though it wasn't in your timely manner..

9. Kevin Cordice

Kevin Cordice Registered

I've gotten rfactor 2 about 2days now and i'm unable to go online with it but single player works, not sure what to do from here

10. Berwick

Berwick Registered

Could be informed what´s the default place of "Update" file, as I find two file with the same name, one at My documents rFactor2 and another at C:\ Program files\rfactor 2. Anyway updating from 90 not works for me. Thanks.

11. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

I don't think it is important where the update file is.
    Anyway I recommend you don't upgrade but rather uninstall previous version and do a fresh install of the new version. A lot of problems disappeared when people did a fresh install instead of upgrade.

12. Berwick

Berwick Registered

So why not to include in the launcher an unistall+ fresh install option, having in account updates not work!, the game may be a Beta
    but Launcher, mods manager,an so on should be a 5.0 ver.I uninstalled God bless me!

13. Berwick

Berwick Registered

After uninstalling and downloading 101, all is right, I made a Backup of Locations on an other Hd, and really was not necessary all mods and locations are present again.