Tim, did you ever get a reply from AMD?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MarcG, Aug 8, 2012.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Remember quite a few weeks ago saying you contacted them regarding future support with their drivers, just curious as to whether they bothered to respond or not?!

If not maybe we need to hound their own forums a bit as theres very little Rfactor2 related threads over there!

2. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Registered

+1 I'd really like to see this through. Have a Sapphire 6950 which works well, but could be better.

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Yes, they did respond. Although it seems the work will be on our end. I use a 5870 myself.

4. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Great new because i already get the HD 7959 Flex edition and i want to run 3monitors with it so i hope that they give more support to AMD drivers.

5. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Registered

Glad to hear Tim. So can we look forward to a driver update including fixes for rF2 by next update or one after? ATI hasn't posted a new driver for a bit, and i'm actually sticking with 12.4 until the next one. 12.6 seemed to have issues with me. (mostly skyrim issues)

6. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

I think you misunderstand. Read Tim's post again.

AMD is basically saying "It's your job to make it work, not ours".

7. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Registered

hmm, well I guess the better question would be: Does that mean fixes for ATI cards will primarily be in the game builds themselves? or released to ATI to release driver notes about it? I understand what he means that the WORK will be theirs, but that doesn't imply ATI themselves won't release the fixes that ISI did for ATI cards.
    I'm not 100% how ATI handles things like that.

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Excellent thanks Tim hope they gave you guys some valuable information for future optimisations.
    Would think they would only do specific driver work for games that are more well known, imagine RF2 is small fry to them right now, hopefully after gold if need be they could be convinced!!

9. erale

erale Registered

@Salajutsu: I doubt ISI will write drivers for AMD... I guess what Tim meant was that ISI has to optimize their engine or their shaders to get a performance gain on AMD cards.

@MarcG: Well if the performance of rF2 on AMD cards is at release still like it is today I doubt AMD owners will wait till there is an update or an optimized driver. Right now we're in beta and we can live with that. But by gold release it should better be pretty much equal to the nVidia performance.

10. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Just guessing here but I think what he meant was that AMD told them to optimize the game to their drivers and not them optimize the drivers to the game.

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yeah agreed it should be equal or as close as, currently it's pretty good for me personally and has improved with the latest build. But now that ISI should know what they're doing I'm expecting bigger gains in the next update or two.