4 years of what??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Richard P, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Richard P

Richard P Registered

4 years of development went past before RF2 was realesed as a beta.
    man was i a happy costumer and bought it right away.
    now were august and al we have is a litle shinned up RF1 (thats my opion)
    dont spend a lot of time on this forum and dont like to get involved in the discussion about the game.
    but i am so disapointed about the game and dont play it anymore.
    and then the lack of were we are right now regarding the beta is also an issue.
    come on ISI give us something thats make me one play again.
    there must be a trackpack laying around over there so we can have a little championship offline :)
    really dont care about the multiplayer.
    RF1 was a great game and iam a believer and stil hope RF2 wil be bettter but ist this lack about almost everithing thats make me feel sorry i got in.
    sorry for my english

1 person likes this.
  2. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I don't know what you mean by "little shinned up RF1", but physics has been brought to a whole new level in rF2. We have much more advanced tyre model, better engine simulation, some car body flexibility, dynamic road surface, changing weather, way better force feedback - this is what rF2 is all about. Driving experience is allready so much better than it was in rF1. Progress made in this area can hardly be called "little".

Graphics are secondary and are still in development. Having HDR, better shadows, dynamic reflections and some other features I'd say it's going in the right direction. It's just not there yet.

3. Scott Beck

Scott Beck Registered

I really think you need to be patient. RF2 had made huge strides with every released build. Don't give up on it. I'm not going to. I drive RF1 over at CMS and it is still the best sim, in my opinion. I refuse to give up on RF2. Yes it is taking time to develop, but I think it will be worth the wait.

4. jtbo

jtbo Registered

What there is, is not necessarily all what we see. There are probably things that are not released yet as they are considered too much WIP etc. There is not knowing, but instead of making product and giving it out, I believe aim is to continue development after gold release too. Kind of evolving product in that sense, but this is only what I have understood, it can be wrong too, so don't take this as truth, only my twisted point of view.

5. Ricoo

Ricoo Registered

I like rFactor 2 very much. It lacks some polish and some features but I find the driving feel very good and for me it's the most important. Graphics are not that bad. Ok some textures are low res, there is too much 2D crowd, and there is some shadows clipping, but for me it's rather a major improvement over Race07 graphics for instance.

6. JuanitoRPM

JuanitoRPM Registered

Please go to IRacing and let us enjoy with ISI...

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

ISI have said RF2 started in March 2009.....thats not 4 years!

8. Ricoo

Ricoo Registered

lol that's not a bad advice, but if he takes the time to come here to express his disappointment he deserves better arguments. :)

9. thuGG

thuGG Registered

I thought they annouced rF2 then, doesn't mean they started work then.

10. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

rF2 is the best simulatore in the planet:cool:
    Thread

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

12. Richard P

Richard P Registered

Haha always there is one that cant answer normally, feel sorry for the poor spanish
    i dint say i dont like it !! i love it but so disapointed in the lack of content the let us try in the beta.
    and by that i mean offline racing..
    would see me trying online without a proper ligue but were stil with rf1 on that and god nows how long it gone take before we can get on with RF2.
    take the clios Superrrr how nice woulnd i bee wen we could have the tracks to make a little championship.
    but the only track the feel right is Mills and 1 track gets boring very fast.

Ehh wath is iracing Juanito ??

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2012
  13. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

For what? rF2 is the best sim :)

14. F1lover

F1lover Registered

*** I speak for myself not my Modding Team***

Hmm tough one and i want to put my 2 cents.. hope i dont have haters.. lol... without the modding community "helping" in making content.. I personally think ISI have been left to do it themselves.. I just wish the new modding platform did not exist.... or I hope they make it easier in the future for modding teams to IMPORT rF1 content...

Keep going ISI.. I have faith.. but do something about the modding platform..

P.S. iRacing is great.. but expensive..

15. hiohaa

hiohaa Registered

nah none of that is true really...
    a really good rf1 mod is easily on par with anything seen so far in RF2.
    but i think its a bit unfair - ISI are useless for the cars and car physics - maybe they have made a solid baseline like in RF1.

WE just need to wait for the full release and then let the modders take the game forward.
    All the physics of all the cars currently suck big time (no grip at low speeds, no slip angle)
    and all the ffb suck so far too (no feeling of weight transfer and oversteer - currently its like RF1 using realfeel plugin).

i'll reserve judgement of RF2 until its full release, and until modders come out with good mods for it, you simply cannot use the terrible ISI cars as a base.
    So far, netkar pro is still a ton better for handling, physics, and ffb.
    Even in the graphics department, Asseto Corsa looks stunning, infinitely better than RF2, and they are a much smaller team!

so i share the OP's critical comments - its easy to see why he thinks that.

16. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

It's funny you say ISI is useless for car physics once they produce physics models for some serious customers (Rfactor Pro - real race cars). In addition, drive the RF2's 370Z and maybe you change your mind. Even ISI RF1 cars were quite decent and actually their paremeters were used as base for modders.

But, you're not totally wrong in my opinion: there's a lot of placebo effect inducing people to be delighted with new tyre model and new RF2 physics. I agree some RF1 mods are neck and neck or even better than mostly RF2 cars... at least so far...

As for graphics maybe I have to agree... :(

17. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Placebo? You mean to tell me I erased all my rf1 stuff from my pc the moment I tried rf2 because of placebo?
    ...lol, quite a placebo that was...

well...you didnt reserve judgement, did you. And as much as I respect netcar, I say you dont have ANY idea what you are talking about, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  18. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Well,I had all the stuff of rF1,iRacing,Race on,GTR2 on my PC and after testing rFactor 2.0BETA 3 times 5 months ago I canceled all that stuff from my PC and now rF2 Beta is way better than 5 months ago.

19. MikeyRud

MikeyRud Registered

ISI does in fact have a lot of competition now days.

But hey, upgrading my rig to an
    Intel i5
    8GB Ram and
    GTX 570 HD 1280MB

Wow. Now a big difference on what RF2 looks like...lovin it :)

The cream will always rise to the top...

20. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I'll submit the following:

- rF2 rtrainer clearly stands out from other rF2 mods, some of which are good but not revolutionary in any sense whatsoever.
    - Like it or not NetKar Pro is not only the standard for physics and FFB and is not only better than everything else, it has redefined the category and therefore cannot be compared to other sims b/c if other SW is still considered a sim then there needs to be a new name for what NetKar Pro is b/c it is not the same thing but something else.
    - I simply cannot stop driving the rF1 Historix 911R, but some of the credit may have to go to how wonderful the real life car may be! Not "NetKar Pro" good, but good enough to stand out as on a completely distinct level from other rF1 mods.
    - rF2 will add more accurate tire model, weather, dynamics, etc. which is fine and adds replay value, changes the playing field, etc. but will not compensate for 2nd place physics.
    - Having said all this, I wish ISI the best in competing on physics and I am going to add "feel" to that equation as, understanding it's a balancing act, both accuracy and feel are important and the ability/art of achieving this balance may be the secret sauce that will be impossible to copy or "bottle" and may decide the ultimate winner in this space.