Download - All locations (torrent)

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Abriel Nei, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

Wasn't there someone who did an all cars torrent (i did a quick search but didn't find it)? Anyway let the maintainer know about BTSync. Compared to torrents there is less work for everyone involved so I'm sure everyone would be happy if the switch happens.

PS: There is some car mod that uses BTSync already unfortunately the mod is not to be discussed on this forum ;)

2. Sean_S36

Sean_S36 Registered

What he said /\

3. rer8

rer8 Registered

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Moulton View Post
    OK, I found 3 separate problems that aren't really problems with the GP79 mod, they are conflicts int he game itself.

1) Make sure you don't have older versions or duplicates of tracks. Delete all but the most recent versions.

2) Get rid of the DTM tracks. They are garbage with no RealRoad or AI anyway. These cause the mod to CTD right away. don't ask me why. I uninstalled and deleted them- I hope someone works to fix them because I love the track layouts and they look good too.

3) ational Stock Car Racing. No, that's not a typo, that's in the title for the mod as much as I want to like this mod (and I do) it has got issues and one of them is to make this mod CTD. I had to uninstall NSC06 to make GP79 work.

So it took almost 2 hours, but finally I have verified the issue! GP79 loads just fine for me. It's almost time for another race!

Hopefully you can tell that the above quote is from Guy Moulton... I had already started searching for the cause of numerous CTD's that I was getting when I read this a few minutes ago...

My earlier post in short was "Thanks for this post Guy. You just saved me a lot of time... I did a fresh install of Build 240 last night after numerous CTD's. I added the ISI tracks this morning and tested another 10 or so tracks, one at a time in hopes of finding the problem tracks. I had already made the decision about the earlier track mods. Hopefully Abriel will take note of this and adjust his Bit Torrent Sync tool. I will post a quick note to him as well."

I hope this post makes sense and perhaps will save users of your masterful work a little bit of aggravation and work. Again, Thanks for all of your work, Abriel.
    Randy

4. JvR61

JvR61 Registered

Great Job, thanks!!!

5. DeMilo86

DeMilo86 Registered

when selecting the Packages folder, it states that I do not have the privileges to access this folder. i'm the only user and admin.
    Sorry for n00bness but what am I missing? :) great idea by the way thanks a lot

6. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

Your Packages folder is probably in the Program Files folder, access is restricted there. You can either move the Packages folder (you can move the whole Data folder of rF2 in the Launcher, Advanced tab, Change Data Path) or always run the BTSync as admin or you can set folder permissions so users (or just you) that are not admin can write to the folder.

7. Golden

Golden Registered

Please torrent

8. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

It is essentially torrented and currently has 14 seeders.

9. Limit Point

Limit Point Registered

Brilliant! Just what we needed!

10. View2Askew

View2Askew Registered

Brother...you rock!

11. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

....wondering how much I don't have or if there is a way to tell after being away for 4 months...

12. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

If you click on the devices tab you will see how much data people have that you do not. For example if you see a down arrow on Abriel's device that says 800MB then that means he has 800MB that you don't. If you keep an eye on that screen you will see those numbers go down as you sync. Once you are done it will say you are in sync.

13. DeMilo86

DeMilo86 Registered

Fantastic, Many Thanks

14. Paul Swire

Paul Swire Registered

Superb Idea Abriel

15. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Didn't know that you were back again with this great solution. So I'm seeding again :)
    Thank you.

16. bkircher

bkircher Registered

Is there a Singapore track out there for rf2 yet?

17. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Ive just added myself to this and will seed when my pc is on :)

Quick question and sorry if its already been answered in this thread...
    WHo is putting the latest tracks in, and what happens when they are updated?
    Andy

18. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Abriel is adding tracks to the share. When ever he adds a new file you should get a tray notification informing you of the new file. Sort of like Dropbox. If you are offline when he adds a new file it will automatically catch up the next time you are back online and you will get the tray notifications then. It is a perfect solution for something like this. I am using BTSync all over the place now. For my league I am using it to sync the GameData folder on our rF1 server to all our members and it is working great. If you add a new skin for example it distributes to all the members right away without them even having to think about it.

19. Grandi

Grandi Registered

Hi, just wanted to give a shout out for making this happen - seems to be working like a charm!

20. mkilner

mkilner Registered

Thanks, what a nice idea!...installing....ahh but it can download umpteen versions of the same tracks...mmmhh...shame you cannot deselect the tracks you dont need.. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2013