Download - All locations (torrent)

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Abriel Nei, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Glad you got the tracks down tjc :) and thanks Abriel for your continued hard work keeping torrents running :)

2. tjc

tjc Registered

Me too mate... that`s the biggie down so all I`ve got to from now on is get the updates which should be a quicker process. :)

3. marc512

marc512 Registered

I love this :) just got back into Rf2, had to reinstall but couldnt find all the tracks. Downloaded this and all works well :)

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

OK, so you have explained exactly why the tie together is problematic. Can anyone explain one good reason why you WANT to connect the mod and a track? Personally, I cannot and find it baffling why it's set-up that way in the first place. I will ALWAYS want to be able to use ALL tracks with ALL cars, at my discretion.

5. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

I suspect that it was somehow setup to allow for the creation of a league or season easily, though I think that was a mistake IMHO. :)

6. tjc

tjc Registered

Ok guys... before I start I just want to say this is not a complaint of any kind. Nor is it a moan about torrents as I`m quite liking the way they work now that I understand a bit more about them. It`s a simple observation with a question.

Yesterday, as some of you know, I downloaded Abriel`s full tracks list torrent and eventually got it all downloaded after several hours... good to have it and it`s all installed and working nicely... thanks again Abriel.

Today I realised there was an update to the torrent as a new track was out and another had been updated, so I downloaded the updated torrent de-selecting all the tracks but the two needed as I obviously had all the others.

Now this download of just two tracks took a good two hours to complete... that`s just two tracks taking two hours. I know torrents speed up and rely on seeding etc and I`ve no problem with that at all but taking two full hours to download two tracks is a bit extreme surely. Hell I could have downloaded them from html links in a matter of minutes and been driving for nearly two hours lol...

Anyway, I`ve checked my connection and done various things suggested by Abriel and others and all seems well in that department. I usually download things pretty quickly so I`ve always thought I had quite a good connection so why did it take so long to download two tracks?

Is it simply that there were`nt enough people seeding at that time?

For me personally, if my connection is going to take that amount of time to download two tracks I`d be better off downloading them individually and adding them to the Packages folder manually...

:)

7. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

Actually if you separate the cars and tracks mods you gain nothing in this regard. What I have written would apply also to the "only tracks" mod (if someone creates a track mod and doesn't update it with the new version of the track you still need to download the previous version, thats what we were talking about here - this is not the packaging thread).
    If you want to race all track with all cars then you can use the All tracks & cars mod (pretty obvious isn't it).

8. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

@tjc
    Torrents can be pretty random yes, it could have been that there were not enough seeders. Anyway torrents are slower (in general) than direct http links, specially for smaller downloads (because as you already said - torrents star slow and then mostly speed up). Some ISP also block or limit torrents and that can be one reason for your slow speeds. So in the end it's up to you - if you are in a hurry I would use a direct link, else I would use a torrent. I mostly use torrents because a torrent will always download if there is a seed and will never be corrupted.

9. tjc

tjc Registered

Ok, thanks again for the info Abriel, much appreciated. I think I`ll do just that... if I need some track or update quickly I`ll use a direct link, if not I`ll grab the torrent.

10. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

whatever the problems in downloading the torrent, it must be noted that its an extremely helpfull solution for new guys, or guys that have been away for some time.
    I for one, dont keep track of all new tracks releases, so after some time, weeks, I just download Abriels torrent and Im ok.

Yes, if you follow all tracks releases, its easier to d/l from individual links, but Abriels torrent is the best solution for the rest of us.

Thank you sir!
    Please keep it up!

11. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

Updated one track - updated torrent, link in first post!

Last update: 2012-11-12
    Added Black Hole Ring v1.20

12. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

Updated another track - updated torrent, link in first post!

Last update: 2012-11-12 v2
    Added Salem Valley v1.10

13. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

Updated one track - updated torrent, link in first post!

Last update: 2012-11-14
    Added Motor Sport Ranch v0.92

14. wpthayer

wpthayer Registered

Thank you for this thread. :) Sure makes keeping up to date a snap.

15. Karoly Mayer

Karoly Mayer Registered

Anybody has an idea where can I download Monte Carlo 1966 1.1?

16. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

17. jgatringer

jgatringer Registered

Thanks very much! Great Job. That is what we need!

18. Chopslide

Chopslide Registered

being new to torrents and generally not that great with computers I still cant quite grasp how to update this all locations torrent (awesome resource by the way Abriel thanks for your effort) I am using utorrent and set download location under options to C:\Users\User\Downloads\Documents\Documents\rFactor2\Packages the location that I manually put my downloaded tracks and vmods
    fire up the torrent to update and seem to be re downloading the whole list I am running vista.... dont laugh its what came with this machine and have some problems with multiple document files that I have not been able to figure out Rf2 runs and I am able to use most of the vmods at this point but would like to learn more about how to do it the easy way.... thanks for the torrent and any help

19. tjc

tjc Registered

I can only be of any help if your using uTorrent as that`s what I use and I`m also fairly new to torrents...

Once you have the tracks torrent downloaded and you need to update, just download the latest torrent (which will have the new versions etc) and add it to uTorrent. Then you`ll see a list of all the tracks that are in the latest version of the torrent and just untick ALL of them and then re-select the new versions or updates, then it`ll only download the ones you have ticked which should be the latest versions of tracks or any new tracks that have been released.

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Monaco v1.1 came with 1960s v1.1

If you already downloaded did you right click 1960 in mod manager and update it to v1.1.