Dirt - Timescale

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Golly, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Golly

Golly Registered

This one is aimed straight to ISI team. As we are an offroad Modding Group, can you please tell us if dirt/offroad/rally phyics or content is on the horizon in a future patch or after Gold ? (really grabbing at straws here but hey what the hell)... Jeez, even a PM to me and I wont tell anyone promise!!!! haha.

Just need to know what the plan is so our group can adjust our work load and plan for the future if any, and not get the hopes up if it is not planned at all, there fore certain projects will cease and assets spent on our other project.

Yes I know our awesome forum members here will jump down my throat and say there was screenies sent out early in the peace... but the silence is deafening on the subject haha... and a little glimmer of hope for us die hard fans would be an early Xmas Gift for us hahaha... Cheers guys.

Many thanks.

Golly

2. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

would love to hear more about dirt tracks and rallying!

3. Golly

Golly Registered

I know bud.... time irrelevant really... actual inclusion will be the best answer, whether yes its in and being refined or no we are concentrating on tarmac only for RF2 is what the fans are more than likely looking for in an answer. :)

1 person likes this.
  4. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

like you said there are those screenies but a solid answer would be great.

5. Golly

Golly Registered

Anyone, Bueller, Anyone... Bueller... haha..;)

6. Max Attack

Max Attack Registered

I really want to know this as well. So do my customers that I help out with race sim stuff. One mate of mine said he will buy rf2 the day there is some dirt to play on.
    Good thread Golly.

ISI, Hello.....

7. Golly

Golly Registered

Amen brother...I bought RF2 based on the screenies shown and the teaser vid of the stadium truck in the menu and track vidz but since then.....nothing...no talk on dirt and even with provoking posts still no reply. All the teaser render shots only show tarmac stuff.

Until an official reply our mod will be tarmac only but its evil twin will garaged till the final say muahhh.....

8. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

fry.......fry.....

9. Shane

Shane Registered

Well I guess you have your answer on the dirt. ;)

I purchased the BETA just so I could get an understanding of how rF2 will work (installing mods, tracks, etc..). I have no desire to run road/street coarse tracks, Formula One or sports cars (no disrespect to those that enjoy that type of racing). I do enjoy the V8 Super Cars on occasion offline in rFactor. I more than likely will not renew the subscription until I know something will be happening to support dirt mods and tracks. I could be ignorant on that statement, maybe there is some support in track dynamics that support it now.

10. Golly

Golly Registered

I sure hope the future is not bleak. Mind u....dirt racing in rf2 will break a few wheels out there..
    ISI.... Can I pleae have an official reply to my question ? PM if you wish. As I too bought Rf2 for the dirt and rally teaser shots previosly released.

Many thanks
    Golly=EWE=

11. Golly

Golly Registered

10 days and no answer by ISI...come on guys...specifics are not required just an overall plan if any on the dirt/rally/hillclimb stuff

12. ORA-Oldie

ORA-Oldie Registered

Just Bumping this in the hope that someone with some influence will read the thread

13. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I remember reading somewhere that dirt won't be worked on until the tarmac physics are done 100%. It's low on their list of priorities. Since they aren't even giving a date on when this will be out of beta, I don't think you'll get an answer here. It will be in 2013 after we are out of beta.

IMHO the only thing that will keep rF2 ahead of Assetto Corsa (let's face it- if Kunos doesn't screw it up, AC is going to be better than rF2 with officially licensed material, laser scanned tracks etc) is going to be dirt physics, rally and drag racing. So I hope ISI moves quickly on this. I WANT RALLY!

14. Golly

Golly Registered

Imagine....ISI put in place a virtual pit call up for their point to point racing. Allowing 50km plus sectors...an offroad buggy blows a tyre on a rogue cactus or a scoob blows a control arm after a jump. Your pitcrew are able to fix you at either set points along the sector orrrrr at any point you call them up after stopping and their ready. Thus taking 1-2 or more minutes depending on damage. Meanwhile your compeditors scream past you and you take off to catch up the time. This!! Would make rf2 the ultimate offroad/rally Sim. I could see some awesome Baja tracks being made then...****e..real road will put drivers to the test then no doubt.
    Also...speedway with wet sections of the track and dry fast sections...slippery and dusty sections. Feeling the ruts in the track as you search for that millisecond catch.

Put us out of our misery please ISI lmao!

1 person likes this.
  15. Golly

Golly Registered

Care to respond ISI ?

16. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

I also add my support for this thread here. The one particular official dirt screenshot made me really wait for this game. I don't care how long it takes, if we just get it eventually...

17. modmate

modmate Registered

Its a shame not ONE guy from isi gave a response here! Nobody ask for details just a small "yes" or "no" without naming any eta would be really appreciated. That can not be true that there is still no answer after that long time.

Modmate

18. Golly

Golly Registered

I wont give up lol..

19. Deci=EWE=

Deci=EWE= Registered

I already have given up, not only do they give us a 1/2 arsed set of examples, they dont give any info out at all. I am currently working on a model as most of you more than likely know, if not you do now, but considering we have been given just a tweaked 6 year old game, with graphics that lets face it are ****e, we get left in dark in regards to what is coming. I dont think even ISI has any idea, hence they cant give a reply.

I would like to know how the non tarmac fairy modding crews are suppose to work with the so called " test version" when we dont have any support.

Im just glad I did not waste my $$ on a lifetime sub because I can tell you right now... I WILL NOT BE RENEWING IT

20. Golly

Golly Registered

Yes, it is very disapointing how they release a what looks like finished Chula Vista, plus a video of the stadium truck crawling around that track, yet nothing since then.... We have Rally, Offroad, Speedway and Hillclimb modding groups just itching to find out if we are being catered for in this release. Like I said, I bought a lifetime subscription because of the dirt teasers. It leads me to believe that maybe Real Road is going to be responsible for many wheels breaking if dirt is introduced... as you can see when you hit the sandtraps, you nearly dislocate your wrists lmao!!! hence the shhhh about it and lets just hope they go away attitude to our requests... who knows.. very disheartening.

Makes a modding group want to pull the pin this game.

Project X is looking more inviting now