FFB... Am I expecting to much?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flibberflops, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Favio

Favio Registered

Put the FFB in 2.0 was just a suggestion to try since you mentioned that the steering seemed too light. I do not use because real feelings are lost, I use it in 1.30, a configuration is more about what I like to feel.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2012
  2. arnomar

arnomar Registered

Wich version is used? The last one (build 101) give more consistent feeling than before.

As said before you can increase the linearity to 2.0 in controller.ini but you will probably have clipping quickly.

3. E.Neytman

E.Neytman Registered

Still lacking the default force at he wheel. Too weak resistance at the straights.

4. Iketani

Iketani Registered

iRacing, rFactor 1, netKar Pro, Simbin, LFS... xD

5. thuGG

thuGG Registered

iRacing and nkP are comparable, rest is way behind (rf1? LOL).

6. Iketani

Iketani Registered

rF1 with Real Feel Plugin and good mods are better than rF2 feeling, in my opinion. Much better than Clio Cup feeling, for example.

7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Just had a another few hours on new build

Yep ffb gone slightly back a step since last build (still good though )

I'm missing the very connected feeling to the front wheels that existing prior to build 101

The front wheel drive Clio I could feel the front wheels accelaratation and losing grip slightly,
    The formula Renault 3.5 has a very slight floaty feeling now

Some of the vintage feel phoniminal but I can't compare to how they felt prior to this build but they really showcase what this rf2 ffb can do.

Tried (in rfactor) 1.00 through to 2.00

I have tried fiddling with car setups etc to try and get back the feel but nothing seemed to work etc

I use a t500 , set at 65% in thrustmaster profile, (tried 55/60/80 etc - 60 to 65 is about right for these wheels )

Perhaps it's a slight incompatibility between builds and will be corrected/optimised on gold -only understandable if this is the case

Did notice a few other things but I'm aware previous tracks have been roughly optimised to prior builds etc so no problem.

8. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Hey guys,

Some threads on ffb floating around here. This post is a copy of the one I posted in 'FFB question tom the DEV's'. So for the ones who have read it, please skip, saves you some time:) For the ones who havent, please read and comment, thanx all!

I did some experimenting with the Steering Torque Sensitivity function. I have to say that it does make a difference, but unfortunately, for me at least, doesn’t solve anything. I even made a discovery that made me a bit sad, I am hope I am wrong..

First the Steering Torque Sensitivity function. When I set it to 0.0, at low speeds almost all the torque was gone. Be aware, read torque and not effects. At the first meters out of the box, there was very clearly almost none torque to be felt, I could have rotated the wheel with my pinky I guess. But then after exiting the pits and braking for the first corner(we are at Croft) I felt something I hadn’t felt before in the BRT20: very subtle effects which reminded me of driving the Megane. You know that feeling of understeer in that car, that feeling of the tyres scrubbing or grinding over the asphalt? That’s exactly how it felt. This was confirmed later when going thought the turns. It was hardly drivable because of the absence of the torque, thus completely not having feeling of the direction of the car and the rear, but what the front tires did was very clearly to me. So my conclusion to this was that those effects of the front tyres scrubbing, is always there, though unfortunately in the background, probably overwhelmed by the torque forces. I wouldn’t know what makes this effect so weak with the BRT20(and all other 60's cars), but I guess it has to do with the physics: the softer suspension, the less rigid tyres, maybe even some build in margins?

Lets stop here for a minute and have a look at the effects of 2.0 Steering Torque Sensitivity. Exactly opposite results as with 0.0, what a surprise But what I felt right away was a saturation of the FFB, like felt when the amplifier is set to high. The direction of the car was perfectly traceable now, as well was feeling the behavior of the rear, but every bit of effect seemed to be gone.

Then I put the Torque Sensitivity back to 1.0 again, and therefore changed the overall FFB strength through the multiplier, as I had done before, but not with these magnitudes. So I scaled it at 40%, hoping to feel those effects again with some left overs of steering torque. But too bad, that didn’t work. The steering torque was almost absent, so were the effects.

Okay so what is it that I fear now? I fear that if it is true that the Steering Torque Sensitivity function purely changes the linearity, and the amplifier the overall strength, like I assume after above tests, that would mean that someone with a G25/G27 will never be able to enjoy the full scale of FFB(torques and effects, don’t know whether I use the right definitions, but you ll get my meaning) within RF2. That is when, as I assume, the G25/G27 dont have the ffb range to transmit those forces. If they do or don’t I wouldn’t know, and I hope someone could an answer to this.

Furthermore, now I am more curious than ever how a CSR-Elite or CSW wheel feels with RF2, because I have only heard that the effects are amazing. Are they maybe feeling all those subtleties that G25/G27 owners are missing?

Greets,

R

9. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

I use a Logitech G27, I plug the USB into the 3.0 port...
    ( feels a little smoother, I also may feel a little quicker on some tracks for some reason... might just be my head playing tricks on me lol)
    I think the FFB in RF2 is Amazing in Build 100, I get a real sense of control and over/under is felt very well.
    What you may need is a Rig that moves under your but to match the ffb in the wheel..