Rear view bug ( build 90 and 101 )

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Flipside, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Flipside

Flipside Registered

Hi.
    There is an issue with looking behind, sometimes (often) with higher speeds, or even just high rpms, my camera switch to looking behind all by itself. It is impossible to drive like this, and I have to restart the game to make it go away. This happens in all modes, and with all cars, offline and online... and gets much worse if I get a little ( or a lot ) out of shape, and tap the barriers or anything else on the track.
    I was hoping that this would be fixed ( my mate has this prob too ) with build 101, but it isn't.

2. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

Can't imagine this is a game fault. Which buttons did you assign to look left and right, or look behind? Check it in the Controller menu. Do you have a FFB steeringwheel?

3. Flipside

Flipside Registered

I own a Roso-wheel, with SLI-pro, on a G27, and have set a button for looking back, working fine.... BTW all aids are on off, only invulnerability is set to "on"... This seems to happen whenever anyone crashes, anywhere on the track, but gets worse when I pass the spot.

4. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

wow.. that's really, REALLY weird.. I maybe thought the button you had assigned to looking behind might be triggered too easily when the wheel is shaking because of FFB. What happens when you clear the 'look behind' command. So you don't have a button assigned to that, to test.

When that doesn't do anything I only can give the advice to reinstall rF2.

Anybody else can help?

5. Flipside

Flipside Registered

My team-mate has the same prob, he's also using a Roso, and he did a fresh install with the new build..so maybe it's a SLI-thingy...
    I didn't try not assigning any buttons to look behind, but I will try this later... thx :)

6. Flipside

Flipside Registered

I have a hard time believing noone else has this problem...this is really an issue, making it impossible to race, please help :p

7. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

And?

8. Flipside

Flipside Registered

I did try, not assigning any buttons for looking back...no change, it still flickers at high rpm...impossible to drive :(
    But, on a sidenote, I have to make some sort of crash or bump into something ( even though the car is invulnerable ) to get this.
    And it has to be somewhat severe...small bumps doesn't do it...

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Have you tried deleting your plr file (back up first) then starting the game so it loads a fresh file? Try that then report back.

10. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Do you have a Fanatec wheel with the beta firmware 742?

When I had that installed, the wheel would enable (push) buttons all by itself. Buttons I never touched would just come on.

That sounds like what you have.

11. Flipside

Flipside Registered

Thx mate, but i own a Roso-wheel with knitter-buttons, mounted on a G27, so no hanging buttons here ;)
    Will try deleting my plr-file, and report back...thank you :)

12. Flipside

Flipside Registered

I tried this, but to no avail...same issue...after crashing (on purpose ) the flickering starts right away...very very ehh, not good :(

13. Alex Ball

Alex Ball Registered

I've never seen this issue. Sorry :(

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

do these in order:

1 - try a fresh controller.ini (same as plr, backup, delete etc)
    2 - completley uninstall RF2....everything that is, documents folder the lot and re-install and try again
    3 - G27 wheel was it? try installing the Logitech profiler drivers thingy, or uninstalling the G27 (if possible) from Windows so next time you plug it in you get an "Installing device..." pop-up. Maybe something to do with the wheel drivers, maybe not!
    4 - Try it out of SLI-pro so just one GPU being used (if I have understood correctly that SLI-Pro is more than one card!)
    5 - Try a different Wheel if possible
    6 - If none of the above works then I'm stumped.
    7 - Uninstall RF2 and download the very first Build and try that, if that works OK then try the next build and so on and so forth to see when it might start happening.

15. kkacper

kkacper Registered

Just to get this straight, SLI-pro is Leo Bodnar's display with LEDs while nVidia's SLI (no "Pro") is the combining cards :)

While on the issue, you might want to also try disabling both look left and right buttons, but I personally have no idea what the problem is otherwise, it's a weird issue :/

16. JOR

JOR Registered

Since your friend has the same problem, look for shared causes
    you say you both got the Roso-wheel.

Why dont you try to mount your original g27 wheel to eliminate the roso wheel beeing the cause.

17. Flipside

Flipside Registered

Thanks guys :) and I'll try out almost anything, since this is ruining my pleasure with this.
    So far I have disabled all view-buttons ( I run eye-finity, so don't use the looking left/right feature ).
    I have tried deleting all of my player-related folders, in order to force the game to make new ones, with no improvement.
    I have tried putting my G27 together again, with no change. After a crash, I still get the flickering.
    I have even tried with no controller at all, using keyboard, same issue.
    My friend is running a brand new installation ( 101 ) and has the exact same issue.
    The SLI-pro is infact Bodnar's work yes, and btw it's working flawlessly in Rfactor1, GRID, GPL, GTL, GTR (+07) C.A.R.S. and Codemaster's F1 2010 & 11
    I'm getting more and more convinced that this is a bug...I'm also getting more and more frustrated :confused:

18. McNolo

McNolo Registered

HI, one question, do you have installed RealHeadMotion plugin?

I have detected that if this plugin it's not correct installed and the RealHeadMotion.ini file are in plugins folder, it happens extrange things with cameras.

Regards.

19. Flipside

Flipside Registered

I haven't installed anything but the regular stuff, no plugins or other mods...thx though :)

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

not sure what eye-finity is but can you turn that off and test again?
    if not that then it seems to be pointing more and more to your different mounted wheel on the G27, especially if you have done a complete re-install of all your drivers and RF2.