Let's talk about brakes

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by jtbo, Aug 2, 2012.

1. jtbo

jtbo Registered

If brakes you need to know are not possible to find from Brembo page, then take a look at Centric brakes, they seem to have brakes to even quite old US made vehicles, calipers, discs and pads:
    http://www.centricparts.com/index.php

For master cylinders, try out www.thepartsbin.com they sometimes list master cylinder bores there, also you can find out brand of master cylinder and find out if they have own website, that is how I found Centric.

Of course this again applies mostly to street cars, don't know where to find stuff for race cars, I try to stick with what I know :p

2. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

Whist reviewing my work today I came back to this thread.
    So we know what the brakes do at 4 points. But what is going on between the points? Is the curve linear?
    Does rFactor (and 2) respect absolute zero?
    I know a few points along the temp vs coefficient curve and am wondering the best way to match those data points. Linear gives half torque temps colder than ABSzero. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2013
  3. F1SimulatorManiac

F1SimulatorManiac Registered

Guys anyone have an idea of a realistic value for braketorque in moderns f1 cars? front and rear?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2016
  4. Jokeri

Jokeri Registered

Add enough to lock the brakes

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

ISI had 4200 or 4400 for its 200x cars, 4800 for the FISI cars in rF2, more recently 5200 for the latest updates. Always equal front and rear I think.

F1 from the last couple of years you can't really be realistic with. The rear brakes themselves are much less capable, but we can't simulate harvesting.

6. F1SimulatorManiac

F1SimulatorManiac Registered

Guys in my F1 2016 mod I have: front brake torque: 3775. Rear brake torque 3990. what do you think? it should be more? I've see some videos on the red bull sim and when they brake very hard on the straight for example the car tends to lose the rear and spin.