Mod Manager

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Berwick, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Berwick

Berwick Registered

I´ve read all posted about Mod Mgr and no possible to solve my problems:
    mods appear as installed at Mod Mgr.Core and at the file Packages, and no way to get them installed at MM launcher, and in the game.
    Really I don´t understand why the two Mods Manager have a different behavior, and so I don´t understand how to solve the situation.
    At this point of mess I would a tip how to remake the game. Thanks

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

There is only one mod manager. The one in the core is launched from the launcher, that is the mod manager. You also cannot launcher rfactor2.exe directly from the core, you use the launcher.

3. MJP

MJP Registered

What he means is Mod Manager installs to different places depending on how you open it. Open it from the 'Core' folder and it installs stuff to 'Core'. Open it from the launcher and it installs stuff to where you specified your 'data and settings' folder to be. Perhaps ModMgr.exe in the 'Core' folder could have a message to use the launcher like the rFactor2.exe has when you try and open it directly.

1 person likes this.
  4. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Nice find. This could save people a lot of time and frustration.

5. Berwick

Berwick Registered

Hi, the core Mod manager shows 12 mods installed, the launch mod manager 8 mods, and the game 8 of course, the question is how
    to activate the 12 mods of the core MM at the launch MM.

View attachment 3334 View attachment 3335

6. 88mphTim

We haven't put any links going to it's location in the core. I guess we will have to disable it from working unless launched from the launcher. It's the only method we test and work with it ourselves, and that we're going to support.

7. Berwick

Berwick Registered

It seems yo´re talking of traffic laws while there´s a victim on the road, can you send any medical aid?, or really any support is denied.

8. MJP

MJP Registered

There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to just delete those 12 mods shown in in core MM, then reinstall them properly through the launch MM.

If you look in your 'Core' folder (in program files by default) you should see an 'Installed' and a 'Manifests' folder, if you look inside those folders you'll see stuff relating to those 12 mods that were installed from core MM. Be careful its the 'Installed' and 'Manifests' folders in 'Core' that you delete and *NOT* the ones in wherever you specified your 'Data and settings' folder (documents by default) to be.

The 'Installed' and 'Manifests' folders in your Documents folder contain the stuff from the 8 mods that were installed from the launcher MM.

9. Berwick

Berwick Registered

Thanks MJP I will follow Your tips

10. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

MJP just came, hang on, you wouldnt really like me to give you a life kiss?

11. 88mphTim

Well if those mods are now installed in the wrong place, you have to get rid of them. For me, I would uninstall rF2 and make sure the rF2 directory (core) is actually empty afterwards, before I reinstall.

12. Berwick

Berwick Registered

Hi all:
    The problem is solved, the mods were at the default place, the place were rFactor downloaded the game, that can be seen at the both
    png. images I added , both the CoreMM, and Launcher MM showed the same place for the mods.
    The solution has been: unistall the mods in the Core MM, opening by right mouse clik the window, all the 12 mods appeared then at
    launcher MM, 4 of them needed to be installed, 1 of them asked to be updated, updating has not been possible by the MM, and has been updated in the game.
    Regards.

13. MJP

MJP Registered

As Tim said there is only 1 mod manager EXE and the 'mods path' will be wherever you set it to. The difference lies in where MM installs files and that depends on how you opened it, directly from 'Core' or from the Launcher.

Uninstalling using the MM opened from 'Core' will probably leave you with the install folders ('Installed' and 'Manifests') still in 'Core' (albeit empty). That's why I suggested deleting them as they don't affect the 8 mods you had installed from the Launcher, they have their own 'Installed' and 'Manifests' folders in wherever you set your 'Data and settings' folder (documents by default) to be.

14. Berwick

Berwick Registered

No discussion there is only one MM, no doubt that opening from the core a second MM is created virtually as can be seen at png´s
    solution is the guessed by Tim to block acces to the core MM, I myself accesed to the core MM because of a post in this forum.
    Anyway used to SIXUPDATER for ARMA series games rF2 MM is too primitive, no way to create series.