A couple of small (and bigger) wishes

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Ray, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Ray

Ray Registered

There are a couple of small issues I'd like to see in the final version.

- no "red light"/waiting time for practice (or at least the option to disable it). I can't quite see the reason why I have to wait approx. 30 seconds to leave

the pits to finally start my practice or qualifying lap. The pits should be open immediately.

- The flag options currently are "full, black only, none". I'd like to see an option to disable "Full Course yellow" only instead of "black only". It's quite

disturbing when you race with the 66 cars at Spa and you get the full course yellow for maybe 6 laps out of 10 (especially because there was no SC back those

days) ;-)

- If I'm right, there's currently no animated flagger for the checkered flag? I think it would add something to the atmosphere if we'd have one like the

"starter flag". Only seing the checkered flag in the left upper corner doesn't feel that "great" when finishing a race. I know, something like a newspaper like in GPL will remain a dream and won't happen, but I anyway have to mention it.

- A pit board for the lap time and the current lap (like in GPL) would be nice. I know, there are HUD's and all that, but I like to leave them disabled

(again...it's about the atmosphere) ;-)

- more filter options for the servers (I did not yet see a possibility to filter a specific series)

- Ground shadow for the cars, especially in the mirrors. I know, there are real time shadows, but the "ground shadow" itself is missing. Therefor it sometimes

look like the cars are "flying" on the track.

- Some AI tweaks. Or maybe it's also a problem of the time scaled mechanical failures and would therefor belong to the bug section. I simply noticed that

sometimes several cars (again 66 series) enter the pits after one lap at Brianza (full version with banking).

- And of course more cars and tracks from 66. It would be great to have the full season including a championship mode. I'm not going to mention the

Nürnburgring again because it has it's own thread ;-) But e.g. the old Watkins Glen for sure would be nice for online racing.

While most of those things are simply "nice to have" features, I personally think that the full 66 season is a "must have" (especially more tracks) ;-) Anyway,

keep up the good work. So far I'm very satisfied with the sim :)

And sorry for mentioning GPL quite often. But it's simply a good example for a "good atmosphere" which I slightly miss in other sims.

2. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

You are asking for "good atmosphere". It is one of things being part of it. Like in real life, pitouts are not open for the all time.
    However, option to remove the waiting time will not hurt anybody. So if somebody wants it It might be added.

I'm sure there is one. But probably depends on track; maybe is missing on some.

It may be hard. There are two options. Real pit boards, next to pitwall and virtual ones (like in GTR game). First one is more realistic but I suspect would be unreadable on most rigs. I'm not even sure if triple 24" monitors with correct FOV would be enough. But I'm +1 for this (especially realistic one)

You can filter by series name.
    However I would like to see filtering redesigned, improved also.

+1

GPL has set standards in some areas. So it is good to mention it as reference.

3. Ray

Ray Registered

Haha, good point about the atmosphere ;-) I agree, that some people may like it. Instead of an enable/disable feature, they could implement something like "pits closed for x seconds". This way you can set it to zero if you dislike it. I think I might even live with a 5 second waiting time. The way it's right now, it's a bit too long to me.

It really might be unreadable (that's why I liked the "pop up" in GPL). However, they could have a pitboard option (realistic, "zoomed", none/HUD) ;-)

PS I'll have to check about the flager. Maybe I simply didn't notice him.

4. DavidG

DavidG Registered

+ 1 for the pit exit delay. I don’t see this as an atmosphere thing, just an annoying, pointless waste of time.

I definitely want to see virtual pit boards implemented. These should be totally customisable, so we can have mod specific boards. That is the layout, information displayed and how accurate and up to date the information is should all be ‘moddable’.

Ground shadows too. No more floating cars please.

5. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Im curious you are using pit limiter in pits ;)