Out of the numbers of people that bought RF1 and RF2 what % race online ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jameswesty, Jul 31, 2012.

1. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Absolutely the same for me for rf2.

First time I went online was 5 months ago and after that, its getting really difficult for me to complete even 1 lap offline.

2. Iker Doral

Iker Doral Registered

+1.The same for me.
    I only try offline for testing.Too boring for me, AI is not bad at full agression, but nothing like real people, even if there are lots of crashes. And how some say, online is where I really fight

3. Tobi Coats

Tobi Coats Registered

I don't race online mostly offline only really got the game to make mods

4. corsa

corsa Registered

Online in league-racing only. I only use offline for testing.

5. Alden Edwards

Alden Edwards Registered

Offline for practice online for races.

6. Flaux

Flaux Registered

When the content of a sim is fixed, play online. There will always be enough guys to race out there. Still today many people race GTR2 stock online. To me it still is the best experience. Had also a lot of rF1 online action but usually you need to do a lot to get it right with all the stuff...

I would say 15-20% is perfectly right. I really play more offline... specially when friends are here and we're doing hotlapping and stuff like that. Just to be in a simulator and have everything setup perfectly is enough of an experience for many. Be on your own, attack the track like it is real.

Example: 3 Guys, Historix, Targa Florio, Alfa GTA, clutch use, H-shifter, 900°, sound loud...

We split the hole track into 3 parts and after only one lap everyone was smiling, re-telling what they have just done and experienced. - Just a lovely sim-night.

7. osella

osella Registered

Maybe I'm strange but I'm going to play mostly offline. Why?
    Online public races suck in 90% cases. I'm just not going to have any fun when there is even 1out of 20 drivers who doesn't realize such thing as brake pedal exists. And there is ALWAYS at least one idiot or kid, really I don't remember a single race in rf1 where everyone would behave normally.

And with joining league there is problem I often couldn't be on at that exact time it, or there's somebody ringing at door all the time..

And lastly there are often ridiculously long qualifying/practice sessions with people sitting in garage for 50minutes, I don't get what's fun about that either.

When I race offline I do try to race for as long as possible without pausing, sure, I once raced 3 hours at nordschleife nonstop with no pause/pit but I always want to have the option to pause the race.

8. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Damn, I'm envious. You wouldn't happen to know where I could meet up with people like you, or happen to have room for an occasional extra driver, would you? =)

9. TonyD

TonyD Registered

I used to race on-line in two local leagues; GTR (then GTR2) and rFactor, but haven’t for a good many years mainly due to available time. Both GTR and GTR2 were a bit frustrating due to apparently poor net-code – drivers getting booted for no reason, lag due to some mismatch, etc. rFactor was just brilliant, some nights we had as many as 30 drivers in a race, and it generally worked flawlessly.

Both of these leagues were restricted to members only, but required no more than registration to join. The GTR league was less formal and had few members (<30) with no more than 10 – 12 turning up each week, so you got to know everyone and behaved accordingly. The SARL used rFactor (and apparently still do, but seem restricted to Nascar) and had a set of rules to follow where a transgression could result in a penalty, so again general behaviour was good. I did try an occasional ‘open’ server but would not suggest this as a first experience, the anonymity and lack of accountability almost encourages idiocy.

To anyone who hasn’t tried on-line, I’d say join a league and give it a try. To me anyway, there is just no comparison between the two modes – the feeling of excitement on the starting grid, the fear of making a stupid mistake or accidentally taking another driver out, the elation of a good result just cannot be experienced off-line, even with a couple of mates on LAN. The level of concentration that this produced meant that I was always faster on the night of the race than during off-line preparation before the race, no matter how many laps I completed.

I stopped due to the amount of time I needed to devote to preparation in order to be competitive – when a hobby starts demanding more than you are prepared to give it suddenly becomes less fun. Although I did have some good results, it was always more about competing than winning – one of my fondest memories was a Porsche Carrera Cup race at Orchard Lake; I started on pole and went off in turn 2, recovered last and made it up to 6th before being taken out accidently by another driver, and eventually finished in 6th – an absolute blast!

The on-line racing scene seems to be a bit dead in SA at the moment, but maybe rF2 will re-kindle the interest. I certainly hope so, as I’d love to give it another go :)