3dsmax gmotor material plugin error

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Rocksor, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Rocksor

Rocksor Registered

Hi,
    I've got a problem with the gmotor plugins for 3dsmax. I get this error message on 3dsmax startup:

View attachment 3298

This means, that I can only choose the default shaders in the gmat material editor. So I can only apply a texture map to my model and no bump, alpha, ... -maps.

Does anyone know how to solve that problem?

Greetz

2. erale

erale Registered

Have you copied the coreshaders.mas to your hardwareshaders directory?

3. Rocksor

Rocksor Registered

Yes I have, but it was the old coreshaders. I thought I found the mistake, but when I start 3dsmax now with the new coesahders.mas the error message is just looking different:

View attachment 3312

Do I have to extract the mas to the hardwareshaders folder? But I don't know the MAS key.

4. erale

erale Registered

No you just have to copy the coreshaders.mas in the hardwareshaders directory.

Don't know what the problem with you plugins is. As long as you put the plugins for the correct max version in your plugins directory everything should be fine.

5. AndyCTDP

AndyCTDP Registered

Rocksor, did you solve your problem? If yes, how? I'm having the same problem as in your last post.

6. Rocksor

Rocksor Registered

Hi,
    haven't been on my pc for some time. But now I solved the problem. I deleted everything from the hardwareshaders folder in the and deleted the plugins in the 3dsmax folder.
    Then started 3dsmax => no error message.

Then I took the 2010 plugins again from the rfactor2/support/tools/plugins/Max2010 folder and the corshaders.mas from the rfactor2/core/shared folder to their folders in 3dsmax and now it works!