Trying to install mods

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Bsmooth, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Bsmooth

Bsmooth Registered

I uninstalled the old mod and installed 90 and everything seems fine. I also downloaded the ISI1045-v10-v11-1960sWorldClassRacing.rfmod but I tried dropping it into the package folder and it doesn't show up. is there another way to mod the mod so to speak? I realize it is an update to the 60's cars ,but not sure how to do it.
    I know it should be easy to do, but this is the first mod to RF2 I've done.
    Also trying to install the Brabham and Brianza tracks. Is the new F1Brabham already inthe game somewhere or d I have to download that and add it as well?

2. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

The file you downloaded is the 1.1 update. You need version 1.0 also.

Are you doing this all from a fresh install?

"I uninstalled the old mod and installed 90 and everything seems fine."

Uninstalled what old mod?

"I tried dropping it into the package folder and it doesn't show up."

Doesn't show up where? In Mod Manager?

The Brabham is included in the 1960's update. The Brianza track is a separate download.

I need more info to help you.

3. Alexandre Indigné Poulin

Alexandre Indigné Poulin Registered

It is NOT easy to do. You must know that. Most of us have trouble installing mods properly and we have been playing rf for years.

4. Sam Moss

Sam Moss Registered

ISI1045-v10-v11-1960sWorldClassRacing.rfmod Is the 1.1 update as you've said. You need to first download ISI1045-v10-1960sWorldClassRacing.rfmod and put it in the packages folder (My Documents\rFactor2\Packages) then open rFactor 2 then click manage mods button.

Then right click the 1960's World Class Racing and click install and it will install. Then it should have a little * star next to the mod meaning there is an update so right click and select update.

To install Brianza put it in the packages folder, open manage mods again and go to the menu at the top, select options and click show mods only. This should then give you lots more options including Brianza 1966 Track. Right click and select Install.

The Brabham is part of the 1.1 1960's update. As you said its pretty confusing compared to rF1, try getting a virtual mod on a server to work! Just a nightmare!

5. Bsmooth

Bsmooth Registered

Ok thanks for the help, updated, but now it doesn't run as smoothly as before, lots of stuttering, where I had none before. This is the same issue I had with CARS. it ran great when it first came out and when updated I basically couldn't use it again.
    So what options should I try to speed it up, or should I say smooth it out.Its running at 1680 x 1050 x 32
    System I5-2500K CPU 3.30 Ghz
    8Gb RAM
    Nvidia GTX 560 Ti

6. MS7XWDC

MS7XWDC Registered

never try to install 2 mods at a time. always let 1 finish verifying and installing.