How to unban

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pits, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Pits

Pits Registered

I got a bit testy and banned a driver from the server the other day, he was a very norty boy at the time but time passes, how do you un-ban ?
    thanks

2. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

not sure but in rf1 banned users has been registered to some tex file, bans.txt or so. check this.

3. Cristian Why

Cristian Why Registered

the ban list file you find it in "user data" folder

Lars likes this.
  4. Pits

Pits Registered

That got it, thanks

5. coops

coops Banned

great to see you have a heart. we all get like that at the moment on rf2. we have an open server to use and if it gets bad we just go to the locked server. just a way of not getting to TESTY... LOL

6. Pits

Pits Registered

Indeed :) but with 23 in the server at the time on our tuesday fun nights it's not an option.

Just to say I got rid of all 3 banned in the Ban list but I see Jorge tried to join and the ban is still in place so that didn't work. And yes I do feel for him, everyone having a good night out and not a lot of servers with many in and to not be able to have a play time is just not on.

7. Roadster

Roadster Registered

You probably have done it by now, but with rfactor you had to reboot server to accept these changes.
    Like every other config file it's best to shut down server, make changes (to banlist) en boot server back up.

8. Pits

Pits Registered

It was a week earlier and the server has re-started many times since, I'm thinking there's somewhere else hidden away a file or xml holding perhaps his IP or name. Since I have removed him 2 weeks ago (and 2 others) and since he got booted again 2 days ago there has to be something somewhere. Sry to keep at this but it's the way it is until resolved.

9. Roadster

Roadster Registered

I knew it was a long shot, but tried it anyway :)

ok, this is weird. I was testing this to check, and now I have the same problem.
    Empty banlist and I can't rejoin....connection failed. :confused:

10. Roadster

Roadster Registered

Ok, I got my 'problem'. Just my own mistake.
    Maybe one last suggestion, although it seems neglectable on your side since you already unbanned other players.
    I have multiple bans.txt files and was editing the wrong one.
    [​IMG]
    (right click, open/show for bigger image)

Probably depending on how you have your server/install setup it uses one of them.
    My 'active' one is in rFactor2\Core\UserData, the other wasn't used (in rFactor2\UserData).
    If this isn't the issue, I wish you good luck! I ran out of options. :p

btw just a thing I noticed, on rFactor you got a serverside chatmessage when a banned player tried to join your server.
    Something like "playername removed from game: Banned from server".
    Now I don't get any feedback server side at all of the connection attempt. Not really an issue or something, but it would have made the "Server Connection Failed" message on the client side much easier to interpret. Is it taken out, or just a turned off server option I overlooked?

OT: matchmaker is acting a bit weird today. you see the short gamelist I keep getting atm?