Pauses since Build 90

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by g7usl, Jul 17, 2012.

1. g7usl

g7usl Registered

I am getting pauses in off-line and on-line, about once per lap. Build 85 was okay for me. Has anyone else experienced this?

2. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

3. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Have you tried the different options for vsynch? like vidio, gpu or software?
    Graphic card driver versions can make a difference also.
    I use Game Booster 3 on a few of my games (FSX for example), never have tried it with rFactor tho.

1 person likes this.
  4. g7usl

g7usl Registered

Thanks for the suggestions guys, will try them. :)

5. g7usl

g7usl Registered

Well, tried both and it remains the same :( Does anyone else have this problem or is it only me?

6. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I had a lot, changing drivers as Jim says, stopped them.

It seems different drivers work for different systems, so there should be no recomentation.

Do you know older drivers numbers?
    If not, Ill post some from home later, just say so.

(that is for black screen in game mostly)

7. g7usl

g7usl Registered

No I don't thanks Nikos. I am not too IT trained etc :(

8. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Not sure what you mean by that. You can uninstall video driver and install another cant you.

9. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

well, sometimes could help to make a "low level" cleaning for old drivers, especially when you're going to do a rollback. I suggest a complete driver uninstalling, then a driversweeper cleaning...rebooting in safe mode (F8 on booting) and driversweeper again, then reboot to install the new/old driver.

I've solved a lot of problems in the past using this way.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2012
  10. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Hi guys,

I experience exactly the same problem. At intervals of about 1 min., the framesrate sinks from +/-80 to around 30. Maybe an interesting little piece of info to this thread, it only happens after the 1st lap when having entered a racing weekend or online race. So far I have tried all the vsync settings and currently use the adaptive option offered in the NVIDIA control menu, with prerendered frames on 1. Further, I have tried most of other gfx calibrations, all without positive effect. I disabled the virusscanner and when checking my system performance with process explorer, there is never more than 2% of CPU usage, with the CPU hence idling at a constant 98%. I haven't managed to look at the performance when running RF2 yet, but will do so later and post the results. The driver is a fresh install, after having thoroughly removed the previous one. My controller is a g27, and firstly I thought the hardware interrupts maight be the prob, but again is was not, with a max of 0,2% CPU usage. Does anybody ideas of how to tackle this? I really hope this issue is checked by the devs.

Greets,

Roland

11. argo0

argo0 Registered

This sounds a lot like the problems reported in other threads - ' Brianza fps problems' and 'FPS sudden drop'. Can't link them, sorry, because I'm using my mobile phone.

Certainly hope ISI can see the similarities in the problems reported in these seperate threads and will be fixing the issue as soon as possible.

12. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

checked the framerates again, this time with the RF2 CPU counter on.

View attachment 3271

This is a shot taken right after I left the pits the first time in a race weekend. The problem only seems to occur after the first lap driven or after the first time having visited the pits, and gets continuously worse afterwards.

View attachment 3272

This is then taken during another attempt to simulate the issue, a couple of laps in the race/weekend. As you can see on the CPU counter, there is a lot more purple showing, does this refer to more CPU or GPU usage? Here I still get 39 frames, but as mentioned above, it gets worse over time, and I might only get around 30 frames later on.

Please see this thread, as I believe the issue ia basically the same:

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/6109-100-CPU-Usage?p=85794#post85794