FPS----system requirements

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RbNoS1, Jul 16, 2012.

1. RbNoS1

RbNoS1 Registered

Hy everybody!
    I have in 60. update in full graphics 60-70 FPS! (Malaysia,Formula Renault 3.5)
    In new update (90) in full graphics 25-30 FPS! (Malaysia,Formula Renault 3.5)
    Why?!?!
    (Sorry for bad English!)

My computer proprietes (system) :

CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 250 3.00 Ghz
    RAM:8 GB DDR3 1333 Mhz
    Video Card:ATI Radeon HD 5750 1 GB 128 Bit
    Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-MA770 UD3
    Windows:Windows 7 Ultimate x64

2. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Edit, sorry, didn't read well :(

Did you install the full version or the update?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2012
  3. RbNoS1

RbNoS1 Registered

The Full version

4. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Hi there RbNoS1. I hope my english is not too hard for you to read ;)

I am a computer professional, and I would like to help. Your computer is an older computer, and it will struggle a little bit with rFactor2. There are at least 2 things you can do, and they involve spending only a little bit of money.

1) Cheapest: Overclock your CPU and graphics card.!!! Many people are afraid of this - but it is a VERY normal and safe thing to do. There are lots of guides on the internet for your CPU and motherboard. I have always overclocked EVERY single CPU AND graphics card I have EVER had, and have NEVER once had a broken piece of hardware as a result.

Aim to get your CPU to 3.6Ghz - that is a 20% CPU increase!!!

1a) First, get a new CPU cooler and also make sure you have good case cooling sorted out. Changing a CPU cooler is very easy. Installing extra fans on your case is even easier! For VERY good air CPU cooling, with very little moeny, it is hard to go past the Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo CPU cooler: I got mine for $25 at a local store!!!!!

http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6740

It is designed to fit your CPU. It is so cheap, at the same time buy an extra 92mm fan, since this cooler allows you to connect an extra fan in a push/pull configuration. Try and get a 92mm Arctic Cooling F9 fan - just $9 and very powerful. $34 for a powerful little CPU cooler. If you have any case fan slots that are empty, now is the time to buy the BIGGEST fans your case can fit. 120mm-140mm case fans go for as low as $9.

Remove your old CPU cooler, clean your computer out and install the new one.

Guide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYyqe4N1ZT4

Once your new cooler is properly installed, install any new case fans (or simply review what you do have). The rule of thumb is this: cool air should be sucked in from the front of the case, as low as possible, and hot air should be exhausted at the back of the case, as high as possible.

Now its time to boot into your BIOS and begin overclocking. Just start by raising the FSB from the stock 200, and try and head towards 240! With luck, it might just work without having to change anything else. If you run into stability problems, check some online guides - dont worry - anything wrong you do will just be reset by the BIOS on next boot. If you have trouble getting to 240FSB (3.6Ghz CPU speed), it is usually just a matter of raising the CPU voltage bit by bit until it becomes stable. This is where all the extra cooling helps provide stability and success!!

This will give you a lot more speed overall. Next, overclock your graphics card.

1b) Download and install MSI Afterburner. Start it up, fiddle around, and aim to get the card close to 825mhz GPU, and 1335MHz memory.

With just the tweaks above and $45 odd dollars, you could get as much as a 20% increase in FPS!

2) Buy a new graphics card? An AMD HD7770 $135, or a Nvidia GTX550 (dont get the GT640) for $110.

2a) Buy a new CPU ( and overclock that;))Find a secondhand Phenom II X4 980 or 970 ;)

Good luck!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. RbNoS1

RbNoS1 Registered

Thank You Nand Gate!! :D

6. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I don't know, I just discovered that if I load track in dev mode and enter the track, then I start single player, load track and enter to track, I can drive around in single player and in dev mode at the same time (keep single player as active window and use windowed mode), also there is no difference in fps in single player at all, I get bit below 50 at croft with my current settings.

E6750 @ 2.66Ghz
    3GB ram
    8800GTS 512
    WinXP

rFactor2 build 90.

I keep shadows and enviroment reflections off as those kill my framerate, I guess GPU is bit of bottleneck in my system then as could not reach 100% cpu usage with that test.

Question is, can I get same laptime in dev mode and single player if I drive lap around same track with same car :p