money back?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dragon3007, Jul 13, 2012.

1. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

(Homer Simpson voice) Mmmmm.... emperor caviar...

2. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Thats my point...if your new...find it before diving in. Its there, at the top, stickied..easy to find.

rFactor 2 Mod Beta Forum - Get Started Here (How to purchase, faq, etc)

WOW...2 clicks from getting to the ISI forums....in easy to find logical places......the News forum isnt where I would look straight away and definitely not one dated so old.

So yeh...REAL easy to find.

Expectations on content is different...but not on refunds.

3. Slothman

Slothman Registered

roflmao

4. Max Attack

Max Attack Registered

I have a complaint! Was lawn needs cutting but rf2 is to much fun. What shall I do...

Give em back zip.

5. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

This is the point. There should be no reason to seek for anything.
    EULA should be a part of buying process without need of searching anything anywhere. Especially if some posts about unconditional money back or download links re available just from google.

Simply, you would fail in a court with this argument, believe me.

6. monkeysout

monkeysout Registered

Agreed. I have just moved my Logitech GT wheel from the ps3 to my laptop to get involved with a race sims.

2 weeks ago I had never even seen a racing sim and after reading lots of internet posts comparing the options I came to rf2, went straight to the 'rfactor2 testing' link and read the "Get Started Here (how to purchase, faq, etc)" post and then the "Downloads" post.

All instructions very clear and i have been testing like crazy on 3 diffecrent pc's before my 2 months are up to see if i'm happy .... and i am :)

@ MaXyM ... Their policy wording may not be legal (in the EULA) but it is fair and clearly stated.

7. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Thanks Monkey Scout.

Its good to see that common sense isn't completely dead....just usually ignored.

8. can`t wait 4 rF2

can`t wait 4 rF2 Registered

Don`t get me wrong mister....I don`t want to push the refund button but as i bought rF2 right after beta release, nobody wrote something about a two-month time limit :cool:

9. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

ok, but you stained the cover, so...

10. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

lol :D

11. Slothman

Slothman Registered

LOL....love it.

12. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Its all good. It wasnt a personal attack on you...but after a while you see a lot of people, not just here mind you, who like to "refuse responsbility"....and personally...its a pet peeve :)

For instance...lets say a mate working at a phone store, he had a customer who dropped his phone in the water, ran over it with a car and than demanded a replacement. When he was informed he didnt get insurance for it so there was nothing that could be done...this guy went mental. Even after being shown the document where he signed saying he refused the extra insurance cover...it still wasnt his fault...why....wait for it...why should he have to pay insurance to replace a damaged phone...??

So yeh...I just get tired of it...caught me at a wrong time :)

And maxym just has a knack for getting my goat....he must like goats cause he always gets mine :)

And your right...back than there was no mention of a 2 month time limit. But where I come from...you have 14 days to demand a refund on a product that is faulty or not as described or as sold (ok more complicated but that is the essence). So to me..2 months is generous.....court of law be damned...common sense and just basic common human decency should win out.....unfortunately that isnt the world we live in :)

Rant over....move on...nothing to see here....

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2012
  13. Ricoo

Ricoo Registered

Hi,

I bought rF2 before the two months statement for refund during beta.

I bought life membership but multiplayer is dull with everyone always racing same car with all assists and same three tracks.

Can I ask refund?

Thanks.

14. coops

coops Banned

do what you like. there is a open server called racefactor it only has auto clutch. enough servers up, sure there is more but there is 1. not sure what tracks but who cares.

15. Cristian Why

Cristian Why Registered

rockies needs assists , You must join a league there are plenty :p